Essential Looks is looking firmly towards the future in the first 2018 trend collection: REinventing Hair. This season, Schwarzkopf Professional bring to life 120 years of expertise across four brand new trends that REinvent, REimagine and REinspire hair.
Inspired by the rise of club culture, RANDOM REBEL (trend 1) celebrates self-expression, the cultural outsider and the rebellious maverick. REAL ME (trend 2) embraces the authentic, showcasing real life – just dialled up a notch – in every shade of natural. BEYOND BORDERS (trend 3) blends our global status – a new generation of multi-culture where attitude is everything and no rules rule! This collection, Schwarzkopf Professional have included a fourth trend as part of the IGORA #RoyalTakeOver, celebrating co-created looks developed by international influencers and the world’s leading colourists.
International Creative Director for Schwarzkopf Professional, Simon Ellis describes the collection:
Right now, change is everywhere. In the way we consume information, in the dialogue between art, lifestyle, technology and culture, and in the way the trends of tomorrow are defining the zeitgeist of today. In our industry, we’re all continuously REinventing hair in every dimension, that’s the only way to thrive and grow. At Schwarzkopf Professional it’s our mission, today and every day. We’re always inspiring, creating and always dreaming big, which is why we’re so excited to share this season’s REinventing Hair Collection with you. It’s a fast, furious, brand-new world, and we’re right there, pinning down the trends that really matter!
Essential Looks REinventing Hair Collection
- Fashion Direction - Underground club culture has come up for air in an eclectic statement for every day. High impact, intense colour teams-up with bold prints, bright metallics and heaps of decorative details, while textures are taken to extremes. Fuzzy knits, sheeny satins, shaggy furs, ruffled skirts and patterned leggings are layered, layered, layered! Extreme individualism has arrived.
- Colour Direction - Strictly for individuals; intense colour and contrasting shades take centre stage in the rebellious RANDOM REBEL trend. A combination of IGORA ColorWorx, Vibrance and Vario Blond colours create club-inspired optical effects in coral and purple thanks to the new Electric Gloss Technique.
- Styling Direction - Ideal for shorter styles, RANDOM REBEL showcases extreme textures, broken-up fringes and feathered finishes, perfect for creating the illusion of movement on bold colour accents.
- Fashion Direction - This trend is about revealing and celebrating the ‘real me’. Fashion errs on the side of pared-back luxe with satin slips, airy silks and layers of tulle, lace and mesh. A palette of new neutrals contrasts against soft blacks, and precious embellishments give ‘pretty’ a modern edge.
- Colour Direction - The REAL ME trend channels natural cool in every hue of nude. Using the new Colour Contour Technique, BLONDME and IGORA colours complement skin tone for a flattering look, with high-contrast placements that emphasise a perfect combination of dark and light tones to frame the face.
- Styling Direction - Suited to longer hair, REAL ME highlights natural shapes, styled with minimal detail. Free-flowing hair with subtle movement matches the authentic - ‘this is me’ - mood with ease.
- Fashion Direction - Reflecting a transcultural society, BEYOND BORDERS blurs boundaries to celebrate diversity. This is where traditional tartans, knits and tweeds get the cut-up treatment in a playful clash of textures, with colour blocks and tone-on-tone dressing.
- Colour Direction - BEYOND BORDERS colour is all about the multi-dimensional. Thanks to the rich IGORA and IGORA ROYAL colours, applied with the new Marbling Technique, panels of contrasting reflects create the look of extra lift and a ‘lit from behind’ look.
- Styling Direction - Perfect for textured hair, BEYOND BORDERS is all about making the most of curls, waves and natural kinks. Big lift for a big statement with an undone, messy-on-purpose feel.
For the very first time, Schwarzkopf Professional has opened the doors to their IGORA ROYAL colour labs; three of the most inspiring digital hairdressing influencers team-up with three of the world's leading session colourists. Each team reflect their personalities and combine their creativity to develop brand-new colour shades! The visionary inspiration of this unique artistic collective will materialise in three unique IGORA ROYAL colour collections for Essential Looks:
- IGORA #RoyalTakeOver Dusted Rouge - Lesley Jennison, UK-based, world-renowned educator and celebrity colourist from the UK, and Jean Phillippe Santos, an up-and-coming trend colourist from Sao Paulo, co-create an authentic yet sophisticated take on reds. The unpolished Dusted Rouge shades range from barely-there red hues to deep shaded vintage tones. Applied using the new Vertical Melting Technique, the muted red shades create seamless tonal gradings that fade inside out adding beautiful iridescence.
- IGORA #RoyalTakeOver Dishevelled Nudes - Matt Clements, award-wining colourist from Australia, and Jorge Cáncer, world-renowned educator and member of Xpresion Creativos from Madrid, take their new nude colour palette to the edge by adding contrast and character. Six new soft and disruptive shades - from powdery blondes and pastels to darker, shadowy tones - provide a soft, yet strong and modern colour appeal. Using the new Vanguard Accentuation Technique, the modern nude shades are used to create strong, directional shapes through a contrasting play of sharp graphic lines and soft organic colour gradings.
- The third IGORA #RoyalTakeOver trend is in development and will debut in September 2018 as part of Schwarzkopf Professional’s 2:1018 Essential Looks Collection.
Essential Looks App and Trend Report
Essential Looks has gone fully digital with a brand-new version of the Essential Looks Magazine and App. The latest trend inspiration, how-to videos, product updates and exclusive behind-the-scenes content is available at the touch of a button - contact a Schwarzkopf Professional representative to find out more. Essential Looks is also available on the official Schwarzkopf Professional website and within ASK Education.