For the second year running, the Essex Salon Awards filled Orsett Hall with salons, stylists, barbers and industry professionals. The Awards recognise the very best talent in regional hairdressing across 16 categories.
Finalists and guests enjoyed a three course dinner before the awards ceremony commenced hosted by Salon Awards Founder and Director, Kate Jeffery and radio host and comedian, Glenn Moore.
Award sponsors and judges were in attendance including world leading colour and care brand TIGI and TIGI Bed Head, legendary hairdresser Errol Douglas MBE, President of the Fellowship of British Hairdressing, Karine Jackson and hair extension revolutionaries, Great Lengths. Guests were also encouraged to enter The Hairdressing Charity 2018 raffle to help raise money for hairdressers in need.
Kate Jeffery said,
I’m absolutely thrilled with the feedback from the 2018 Essex Salon Awards. This is only our second year and the hype leading up to the awards night was huge. The response we had last year has obviously resonated with other local salons and this year they’ve got involved. This is where the Salon Awards started so it’s always going to be special, huge congratulations to all our very talented winners and a big thank you to our sponsors and judges.
And the winners are…
- People’s Choice Award: Edward Taylor Hair, Stock
- Best Salon for Bridal Hair: Gregory Dean Salon, Southend-On-Sea
- Marketing Trailblazer: Raymond Bottone, Brentwood
- Best Salon for Hair Extensions: Gregory Dean Salon, Southend-On-Sea
- Best New or Refurbished Salon: Kennadys, Ingatestone
- Best Colour Salon: The Vanilla Room, Hornchurch
- Creative Image Award: Paul Falltrick, gfc Hairdressing, Hornchurch
- Future Talent Award: Sophie Archer, Gregory Dean Salon, Southend-On-Sea
- Freelance Hairdresser of the Year: Claire Scoulding, Luxurious HB, Chelmsford
- Best Barber in Essex: Jake Lansley, JBS Lifestyle, Hornchurch
- Colourist of the Year: Abbie Pinckney, Cilias Hair Design, Wickford
- Stylist of the Year: Ellie Bond, Spargo Hairdressing, Brentwood
- Most Sustainable Salon: gfc Hairdressing, Hornchurch
- Best Salon Team: Silhouette Du Barry, Chelmsford
- Best Customer Experience: MACK, Chelmsford
- Best Salon in Essex: Spargo Hairdressing, Brentwood