The salon industry was treated to an extravaganza of inspiration on Monday 24th June when a line-up of incredible speakers from inside and outside the industry took to the stage at the stunning Bloomsbury Ballroom in Holborn.
Hosted by salon business industry leaders 'The Fantastic Hairdresser', the event is now set to feature in their annual calendar of events after some overwhelming feedback from the 300+ delegates in attendance. Jamie Stevens said,
It was a pleasure and honour to be asked by the amazing Alan Austin-Smith at The Fantastic Hairdresser, and thank you for putting on such an inspiring and motivating event! It was a great day!
The line-up of speakers included current reigning British Hairdresser of the Year Sally Brooks, multiple award-winner Jamie Stevens, the industry's favourite podcaster Dom Lehane, and international TEDx speaker Jules White... As well as Industry Icon and seven times North American Hairdresser of the Year winner, Vivienne Mackinder, who flew in from the States as headline speaker. A lucky few also benefitted from an incredible couple of days that followed the event - the one and only Vivienne Mackinder inspired, mesmerised and charmed the audience for two days with her Master Your Craft (look & learn) and Up Close & Personal (hands-on) training days which sold out soon after launching.
The most delighted of all the delegates was surely KH Hair in Arnold who not only took home the trophy of Fantastic Salon of the Year but also won the Fantastic Hairdresser Golden Ticket prize draw worth a whopping £10,000 which included:
- A bespoke in-salon training day with international educator and author of bestselling book ‘The Fantastic Hairdresser’, Alan Austin-Smith
- A day assisting and learning from Sally Brooks, current British Hairdresser of the Year and creator of critically acclaimed film, The Journey to my Destination
- A day assisting the amazing Sophia Hilton
- A ‘behind the scenes’ photo shoot experience with the man who’s not only in the Hall of Fame himself but also shoots for most BHA finalists nowadays – the incredible Desmond Murray
- A magnum of Champagne
The Fantastic Hairdresser Business Awards & Glittering After Party which followed the event saw further excitement and celebrations from the following salons and individuals who were winners in the following categories:
- Fantastic Hairdresser of the Year winner: Clare Halford, Addicted to Colour
- Fantastic Salon of the Year winner: KH Hair, Arnold
- Fantastic Marketing Award winner: Locks & Shades, Yaxley
- Fantastic Rising Star Award winner: Jade West, The Point
- Fantastic Future Star Award winner: Jordy Barlow, Karoliina Saunders
More fabulous speakers including the likes of Errol Douglas MBE, Tom Connell and Carolyn Newman have already been confirmed for next years event with the first 100 tickets having been released today (Thursday 04 July) at a very special early bird price. For more info and to purchase, visit www.thefantastichairdresser.com
For more information about The Fantastic Hairdresser and to keep updated about Fantastic Hairdresser events, including Inspirational Minds 2020 and The Fantastic Hairdresser Awards 2020, see www.thefantastichairdresser.com