Curl Styling Secrets
Curls and waves are more in-demand than ever and in this class you’ll learn how to use our ghd curve range to give your clients all of those textured looks they love.
Designed by our UK brand ambassador, Zoë Irwin, this seminar will guide you through every step of styling with tongs and wands, covering all of the tips, tricks and techniques you need for blissful beach waves, big bouncy curls and everything in between.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding the ghd curve® range and choosing the right tool for the job
- Wrapping and sectioning techniques to achieve the latest trends
- Time-saving methods to improve your service offering and boost your return on investment
Location: Cardiff with Anton Alexander, 12th November 2017
Hair-up styling is a lucrative addition to any stylist’s skill set and this course is the perfect introduction. Whether you’re a freshly-qualified stylist, an established artist who needs a refresh or a make-up artist who wants to add to your offering, this one’s for you.
During this workshop you’ll learn the fundamentals of gorgeous, commercial hair-up looks, focusing on four key techniques that will help you create just what your clients want:
- The simple French chignon
- A three ponytail bun
- Grab and grip
- Hair sewing
To complement the techniques, you’ll also discover extra styling secrets including working with different head shapes, the art of backcombing, how to cover your grips and bands, simple sectioning patterns and how to secure pins so they don’t move. Your ghd educator will also explain the importance of preparation – including some myth-busting around working with ‘day-old’ hair!
Location: Cardiff, 13th November 2017
She’s a regular backstage in New York, London, Milan and Paris and now Yesmin O’Brien is here to share her invaluable insider secrets with you.
Bringing you the latest looks direct from fashion week; this backstage edit takes those new trends and shows you how to make them salon-friendly to keep clients coming back for more. The workshop also covers all-important backstage etiquette and what it takes to impress the biggest names in session styling.
In this in-depth trend session masterclass, you’ll find out how to create:
- The perfect ponytail. An editorial favourite and far trickier to nail than you might think; you’ll cover a collection of high, medium, low and folded styles, then learn how to turn them into commercial looks that can be used in the salon.
- A knotted and braided hair-up look. Braids are a client favourite and this fast and effective technique will help you recreate catwalk-inspired looks in a flash.
- Faux bobs. For clients that can’t commit, this trend-led technique offers a fun and chic alternative to going for the chop.
- Hair pieces. Used regularly backstage to create elegant shapes and exaggerated up-dos, hair extensions and padding can be made commercial for occasion looks inspired by catwalk styles.
Location: ghd London studio, 13th November 2017
It’s never been more important to have a comprehensive understanding of all hair types, so whether you’re totally new to Afro styling or you want to broaden your skill set and clientele - this is the class for you.
Junior will dispel the myths surrounding Afro hair and teach you his tips, tricks and techniques to work with this hair type.
Junior will demonstrate:
- How to treat, prepare and select the right products for Afro hair prior to styling
- How to get the best results from the ghd platinum® styler with Afro hair
- How to promote Afro styling services in your salon to grow your audience and excite your clients
Location: ghd London Studio, 20th November 2017
To book your place, contact 0845 3301133 (UK) or +44 (0)1924 423400 (ROI)