Curl Styling Secrets
Curls and waves are more in demand than ever and in this class you’ll learn how to use our ghd curve range to give your clients all of those textured looks they love.
Designed by our UK brand ambassador Zoë Irwin, this seminar will guide you through every step of styling with tongs and wands, covering all of the tips, tricks and techniques you need for blissful beachy waves, big bouncy curls and everything in between.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding the ghd curve® range and choosing the right tool for the job
- Wrapping and sectioning techniques to achieve the latest trends
- Time-saving methods to improve your service offering and boost your return on investment
ghd London studio with Zoë Irwin – 25th July 2017
It’s at the heart of our product range, and in this session you’ll learn how to get more out of your much-loved ghd styler. We’ll show you how to maximise results to create new looks and how to really perfect those techniques that you use time and again.
Designed by the global education team, this seminar will also cover essential knowledge of the ghd styler range – including the incredible new ghd platinum – to give you endless styling opportunities on the salon floor and leave you fully equipped to transform your client offering.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding the ghd styler family
- Choosing the right styler for the desired look
- Sectioning and styler movements to achieve the latest trends
- Time-saving methods to improve your service offering and return on investment
ghd Leeds academy – 11th July 2017
Cardiff – 17th July 2017
Blow-dries are back and have never been bigger or more in demand, for clients of all ages. Knowing the right trend-led techniques will take your blow-dries from blah to beautiful and bring them bang up-to-date for a whole new audience. Designed by ghd UK brand ambassador – and the media’s ‘queen of blow-drying’ Zoe Irwin - this session teaches tricks and techniques including:
- Trend-led blow-dries to shape the hair
- The intricacies of how to set and heat-seal a finished style
- How to blow-out hairlines
- How to give your blow-dry the longevity that clients demand
ghd Leeds academy with Anton Alexander – 10th July 2017
Cardiff with Anton Alexander – 16th July 2017
ghd London studio with Zoë Irwin – 24th July 2017
Session to Stylist
She’s a regular backstage in New York, London, Milan and Paris and now Yesmin O’Brien is here to share her invaluable insider secrets with you.
Bringing you the latest looks direct from fashion week, this backstage edit takes those new trends and shows you how to make them salon-friendly to keep clients coming back for more. The workshop also covers all-important backstage etiquette and what it takes to impress the biggest names in session styling.
In this in-depth trend session masterclass, you’ll find out how to create:
- The perfect ponytail. An editorial favourite and far trickier to nail than you might think; you’ll cover a collection of high, medium, low and folded styles, then learn how to turn them into commercial looks that can be used in the salon.
- A knotted and braided hair-up look. Braids are a client favourite and this fast and effective technique will help you recreate catwalk-inspired looks in a flash.
- Faux bobs. For clients that can’t commit, this trend-led technique offers a fun and chic alternative to going for the chop.
- Hair pieces. Used regularly backstage to create elegant shapes and exaggerated up-dos, hair extensions and padding can be made commercial for occasion looks inspired by catwalk styles.
Edinburgh – 10th July 2017
ghd Leeds academy – 17th July 2017
Ever find yourself wishing there were more hours in the day, or that certain services could be made quicker, so you could really make the most of your time in the salon? This is the seminar for you.
A session dedicated to quick and simple techniques for hair-up looks: it’s about working smarter, not harder. It’s about more inspiring styles created in less time. What’s not to love?
This is a fashion-focused seminar that will teach you:
- How to quickly transform your clients’ hair with clever styling techniques
- How to break down the look to understand the process of creating a hair-up, then use those skills to create even more finished looks
- Quick and clever tips and tricks to achieve new looks using ghd tools and products
ghd London Studio – 31st July 2017