Hair-up styling is a lucrative addition to any stylist’s skill set and this course is the perfect introduction. Whether you’re a freshly-qualified stylist, an established artist who needs a refresh or a make-up artist who wants to add to your offering, this one’s for you.
During this workshop you’ll learn the fundamentals of gorgeous, commercial hair-up looks, focusing on four key techniques that will help you create just what your clients want:
- The simple French chignon
- A three ponytail bun
- Grab and grip
- Hair sewing
To complement the techniques, you’ll also discover extra styling secrets, including working with different head shapes, the art of backcombing, how to cover your grips and bands, simple sectioning patterns and how to secure pins so they don’t move. Your ghd educator will also explain the importance of preparation – including some myth-busting around working with ‘day-old’ hair!
Location: Medusa Edinburgh – 19th March 2017
Ever find yourself wishing there were more hours in the day, or that certain services could be made quicker so you could really make the most of your time in the salon? This is the seminar for you. A session dedicated to quick and simple techniques for hair-up looks: it’s about working smarter, not harder. It’s about more inspiring styles, created in less time. What’s not to love?
This is a fashion-focused seminar that will teach you:
- How to quickly transform your clients’ hair with clever styling techniques
- How to break down looks to understand the process of creating a hair-up, then use those skills to create even more finished looks
- Quick and clever tips and tricks to achieve new looks using ghd tools and products
Location: Medusa Edinburgh – 28th March 2017
Red Carpet Styling Session
Every client wants their red carpet moment and the skills to create those glamorous looks are always highly sought after. Whether it’s proms, parties or weddings, knowing how to create show-stopping hair will mean you’re always in demand and add a profitable income stream.
In this seminar you’ll learn how to recreate red carpet styles – including the perfect base to keep hair in place, no matter what the event.
This workshop will cover:
- The latest red carpet styles and the skills you need to recreate them back at the salon
- Demystifying hair-up styling and gaining confidence with easy-to-follow step-by-steps that cover prep, choosing the right ghd product and finishing
Locations: Medusa Edinburgh – 20th March 2017
Bridal Styling Session
If you’re bored of the same old wedding styles, this is the session for you. This sell-out seminar will allow your salon to capitalise on the ever-lucrative bridal business, with gorgeous styles that will make any bride fall in love with your styling skills – from your existing clients who want to work with someone they know and trust on their big day, to new clients looking for an expert.
Covering both contemporary and classic bridal styling, this workshop will teach:
- Techniques to give you the confidence you need to create and design your own beautiful bridal hair
- The fundamentals of bridal styling, including using hair pieces
- The prep and dressing techniques you need to create basic styles and the skills to personalise those looks so they suit both your bride and her wedding gown
Location: Medusa Edinburgh – 27th March 2017
To book your place contact ghd on 0845 3301133 (UK) or +44 (0)1924 423400 (ROI)