Last night saw stylists, salons and freelancers from the hairdressing industry in the Hampshire region take to the stage at The Hilton, Ageas Bowl to celebrate their success and wins.
The awards were judged by leading industry professionals including award-winning and business guru, David Drew and Paul Falltrick who attended the awards ceremony yesterday evening. Major hairdressing brands sponsoring the awards include colour and care professionals TIGI and TIGI Bed Head, plus leading hair extension experts Great Lengths.
Entertainment was provided by radio host and comedian, Glenn Moore, who went on to host the awards, supported by Salon Awards Founder and Director, Kate Jeffery and representatives from the sponsors’ teams.
Kate Jeffery, said,
The awards really are a chance for local salons to shine in their area. Regional awards are important for the industry, and the amazing hairdressing talent that works across the UK often goes unnoticed with the focus so heavily stemmed in London. The 2018 Hampshire Salon Awards has been one of the toughest yet for our panel to judge, the level of talent is so high and for our very first year the amount of entries we received really does prove that awards like these have been needed for some time. From the judges and I, a huge congratulations to all the worthy winners.
And the winners are…
- People’s Choice Award: Nirvana
- Best Salon for Bridal Hair: Lissy Hair and Beauty
- Marketing Trailblazer: Jacks of London, Southampton
- Best Salon for Hair Extensions: Xtend with Style
- Best New or Refurbished Salon: WeLove
- Best Colour Salon: Rural Fringe Hair
- Creative Image Award: Kerry Mather, KJM Salons
- Future Talent Award: Gina Cadwallader, KJM Salons
- Freelance Hairdresser of the Year: Laraine Rose, House of Hair
- Best Barber in Hampshire: Jamie Martin, The Barbership
- Colourist of the Year: Steven Christie, Lisa Edwards Hairdressing
- Stylist of the Year: Andrew Smith, Andrew Smith Salons
- Best Salon for Training: The Hair Beauty & Barber Studio
- Best Salon Team: William and Mary
- Best Customer Experience: Ooh la lah Salon
- Best Salon in Hampshire: Tony Wood Hairdressing