Following months of conjecture, the nominees for HJ’s coveted British Hairdresser of the Year title, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional have been announced.
With two new names bursting into this year’s mix, Robert Eaton and Adam Reed complete a line-up of nine fabulous hairdressing game-changers.
Here are your 2019 nominees:
- Darren Ambrose, previous British Hairdresser of the Year winner 2015, a leader within session styling and hairdressing alike
- Sally Brooks, British Hairdresser of the Year for the second year in a row, Sally is making her title work for hairdressing with her ‘The journey to my destination’ film that is reaching educationalists and parents across the UK
- Errol Douglas MBE, honoured by Her Majesty the Queen for services to hairdressing, multiple award winner and hairdressing superstar
- Robert Eaton, one of the most current and renowned colourists of the moment
- Gary Hooker & Michael Young, hairdressing’s most famous duo, stage-stars, creative inspiration and talented educators
- Adam Reed, session stylist and salon owner, a colourful, skilful character bridging consumer and hairdressing worlds
- Cos Sakkas, second time nominee, an artistic talent and a legend within Toni & Guy
- Angelo Seminara, four times winner and one of the most captivating and original hairstylists of our time
- Eugene Souleiman, no words other than Eugene is a session stylist extraordinaire
Each of the nine nominees bring their own unique artistic flair and creative edge to hairdressing and it is for this that they have received nomination for the title. We are delighted to see such diversity of skill represented at this highest level and continue to celebrate our enduring, and yet fresh and unique, partnership with HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards. Commented Schwarzkopf Professional general manager, Julian Crane.
A bit about the process: Nominated by their peers on their professional reputation, vision and trend setting skills as well as their ability to promote and be an ambassador for British hairdressing across the globe.
What they do next: Create a representative collection of their work which will be judged in September 2019 by up to 100 of their peers along with hair and beauty journalists and influencers.
When will the winner be revealed? The title of HJ’s British Hairdresser of the Year has been significant in the journeys of many hairdressing household names including Trevor Sorbie, John Frieda, Anthony Mascolo, Nicky Clarke, Charles Worthington, Beverley C and Andrew Barton. We shall find out who joins this elite bastion of hairdressers at this year’s British Hairdressing Awards on 25th November 2019 at the Grosvenor House Hotel, a JW Marriott Hotel.
Executive Director of Hairdressers Journal International, Jayne Lewis Orr, said,
Since its launch in 1985, the British Hairdresser of the Year title has been the most coveted and sought-after in the hairdressing industry, resulting in global recognition. Our sponsorship partner Schwarzkopf Professional has also been part of this incredible journey since the Award’s inception, and together we celebrate the many levels of its success. The winners’ clearly gain enormous notoriety and acclaim; product ranges have been launched, TV careers established; businesses grown but above all, it continues to play a huge role in raising standards across our industry giving creative inspiration and demonstrating boundaries are there to be pushed.