A new survey reveals that while Angelina Jolie, Kylie Jenner and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley have the nation’s favourite pouts, over half of the population are happy with the shape of their own lips…
- 35% of women believe that wearing lipstick puts them in a cheerier mood
- Over 50% of women wear lipstick to feel better about themselves
A new poll conducted by online beauty brand, Beauty Boulevard reveals how British women feel about their lips. Founders of Glitter Lips, the must have glittery lipstick for the festival and party season, Beauty Boulevard announced the results from their 2017 survey which looks into the UK woman’s take on the latest lip craze, favourite celebrity lip shape and more - providing a look into today’s lip trends.
Results showed that 13.5% of women voted Angelina Jolie as the owner of the celebrity lips they admire the most, followed by Kylie Jenner at 7.7% and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at 6.6%. Millie Mackintosh came in last, with the least desirable lips, earning just 1.4% of the vote.
The survey taken by 1,000 women across the UK also revealed that almost a third of women wear lipstick a few times a week and almost one fifth of women own over 11 tubes of lipstick! Results also showed that over 90% of women would wear glittery lipstick, with over 16% having sported the look already.
Lipstick plays an important part in many women’s lives and the evidence shows in our research, with 51 percent of women stating that they wear it to feel better about themselves, said Paula Short, Co-Founder of Beauty Boulevard.
It is interesting to see that the most popular feature women look for is that it is long lasting (49%). We are proud to be the originator of Glitter Lips which provides a long-lasting glittery lip colour that is 100 % party proof! Added Rachel De Caux, Co-Founder of Beauty Boulevard.
The survey reveals the following data, based on a poll taken of 1,000 women aged 18-45 across the UK:
- 35% of women say that lipstick puts them in a cheerier mood
- 20% of women wear lipstick daily and 30% wear it a few times a week, compared to 1% who wear it once a year or less than that
- 40% of respondents would wear Glitter Lips to festivals with even more willing to wear it on a night out at 58%
- 50% of UK women prefer their own lip shape to that of a popular celebrity’s, although Angelina Jolie is the most popular choice of those who didn’t at 13%, closely followed by Kylie Jenner with 7%
This year, Beauty Boulevard is expanding their cosmetic range to include even more iconic lip products, including Colour Stay Lip Liners, Lip Liquids, Lip Serums and other distinctive cosmetics all with a unique twist.