Hair and beauty stylists from across the country are calling on the public to vote for them to be crowned the UK’s top up-and-coming stylist as part of ‘Create the Look 2017’.
Hosted by business insurance provider SME Insurance Services (SMEi), which arranges cover for hairdressers and salons, ‘Create the Look’ is celebrating the nation’s emerging hair and beauty talent.
The finalist with the most votes will be crowned the UK’s top upcoming stylist, and the overall winner will receive a professional hair and beauty kit packed with products and equipment. The two runners up will each receive a luxury gift box containing a selection of products.
The top 10 finalists in the public vote are as follows:
- Alexandra Fitzgerald, a make-up artist from Birmingham
- Amber Coates, a beauty therapist from Ipswich
- Eloise Hall, a fashion journalism student from London
- Ellie Smith, a hair and beauty student from Leeds
- Ellie Gunby, a hair and beauty student from Leeds
- Emily Coe, a hairdressing apprentice from Halifax
- Eric Joey Jones, a hairdressing student from Southport
- Lance Breakwell, a trainee make-up artist from Wolverhampton
- Ryan Sparrow, a hairstylist from Ipswich
- Tiffany Chapman, a make-up artist from Ipswich
The results of the public vote will be combined with the opinions of three expert judges, who will also be selecting their favourite look by the finalists. The ‘Create the Look’ judges are Jodie Withers, Editor of Good Salon Guide, Emily Hunter, Editor of Beauty Magazine and Katherine Priest, make-up artist and blogger at Katherine-Louise.com.
Jonathan Webber, Commercial Director of SME Insurance Services (SMEi) commented,
We have been blown away by the quality of entries we’ve received from up-and-coming hairstylists, make-up artists and beauticians from across the UK.
Now in its second year, Create the Look aims to nurture and celebrate the emerging talent of the future who are passionate about their profession in the hair and beauty industry. It’s provided the perfect opportunity for these finalists to showcase their work, and we’d urge everyone to cast their vote for their favourite finalist online before 3pm, Tuesday 21st March 2017 to provide a much needed boost to their career.
Readers can cast their vote for the ‘Create the Look 2017’ campaign here: www.smeinsurance.com/createthelook
SMEi provides a wide range of specialist commercial insurance products specifically designed to meet the needs of a wide range of sectors, including the hair and beauty industry. For further information, visit www.smeinsurance.com.