The ‘Oscars' of the Scottish hair and beauty world were released last night at the prestigious INAA.COM Scottish Hair & Beauty Awards, at The Glasgow Thistle Hotel.
The event saw some of the biggest names in Scottish hair and beauty collect awards, with various TV celebrities in attendance including Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright, Amanda Harrington (Scouse Housewifes), Ferne McCann (TOWIE), and London based post-pop conceptual artist Pandemonia making her Scottish debut, this was the HOTTEST ticket of the year!
The night also saw Scottish celebrity hairdresser Sam McKnight return to his hometown to collect the award for 'Icon of the Year'. Sam McKnight is one of the most accomplished and well-respected hairstylists of his generation. His name is synonymous with modern, sexy hair – whether it’s in magazines, on the runway or the red carpet. The longevity of Sam’s career, over 30 years, shows why he is Icon of the Year!
This event was voted for by the nationwide public to secure their favourite professionals an award on the evening. Over 700 professionals from the hair and beauty industry attended this luxurious event.
And the winners are:
- Hair Salon North : Salon 7, Kirkwall
- Hair Salon South: Gary Thomson, Battefield
- Hair Salon East: Edge Hair Salon, Stone Haven
- Hair Salon West: Cruz, Glasgow
- Barber of the Year: Rebel Rebel, Glasgow
- Salon Website Design: Austen Thomson, Edinburgh
- Social Media/ Blogger: Craig Andrew, Craig Andrew Hairdressing
- Cosmetic Dentist: Cherrybank Dental Spa, Perth
- Salon Design: Hair Boutique, Renfrew
- Nail Bar of the Year: Manhattan Nail, Glasgow
- Spa/Day Spa: Ocho Spa, Glasgow
- Beauty Salon North: Bespoke, Laurencekirk
- Beauty Salon South: Chi, East Kilbride
- Beauty Salon East: Yuu Beauty, Edinburgh
- Beauty Salon West: Esteem, Glasgow
- Young talent Female: Dean Morris, Kilmanian Hair, Aberdeen
- Icon of the Year: Sam McKnight
- Hair Extensionist: David Ferry, Gary Thomson Salon, Glasgow
- Afro/Weave Stylist: Alan Findlay, Rebel Rebel, Glasgow
- Beauty Therapist: Donna Bain, Totally Gorgeous, Paisley
- Make Up Artist: Laura Gray, Laura Gray Hair & Beauty Bridal
- Massage Therapist: Nadine Newton, The Retreat, West Calder
- Nail Artist: Andrea Waddle, Bonnie Quines, Edinburgh
- Cosmetic Practitioner: Lana Hunter, City Chic, Glasgow
- Expert Colourist: Kym Wyser, Medusa, Edinburgh
- Female Stylist: Abbi Riddell, Urban Hair, Cumnock
- Male Stylist: Kevin Finnell, F&M, Barrhead
INAA.COM is one of the UK's leading web based media business, operating within the hair and beauty sector. INAA.COM is the UK's first online booking portal, which praises itself on forming a relationship between salons and clients. The aim of the awards was to bring industry experts within Scotland together for a night of celebration, and this was certainly achieved!
INAA.COM would also like to thank their sponsors who have supported them for this event: Headline sponsor SQA. Industry sponsors: Kapello, Cloud 9, St.Moritz, DenTek, Beauty Works, Bare Escentuals, Artdeco, Tantrum Tan, Diva Lash. Event Sponsors: Nicola Green Agency, Superior Model Management, Light Nightclub, Blooms, Honey Boutique, Midton Acrylics & Scotcampus.