Digital, digital, digital, it’s not news to anyone that we live in a fully digital world, but as hairdressers we are uniquely positioned in that we offer a service that will never be computerised or available online. Of course that’s not to say our online footprint isn’t vital. Learning how to navigate between offering personalised services and building our business digitally is often not a straightforward process.
Enter Schwarzkopf Professional’s #SKPcollective, the first of its kind in hairdressing. Its one fundamental goal is to support the stylist and their salon in effectively promoting their skills, business offering and the Schwarzkopf Professional brand via social media.
For the 12 lucky members, they'll receive an experience like no other. A place on the #SKPcollective means they will receive bespoke training focused on social media - how to utilise it effectively, how to present yourself and your business effectively, and how to put all this training into practice? #SKPcollective members receive content generation opportunities all year long, from editorial shoots with fashion brands to behind the scenes at hairdressing’s biggest shows. As we hear time and time again, content is key, and Schwarzkopf are fully committed to creating quality content for their collective members.
So who are the 12 talented hairdressers about to embark on this digital journey?
Their success in the 2018 pilot team meant that five original members were invited to stay on the #SKPcollective, they are:
- Dan Mewies, Mewies & Co - @danmewieshair
- Irfan Sumbul, Choppy Cuts - @choppycut10
- Matt Surplice, Spring is in the Hair - @springisinthehair
- Austen Thomson, Austen Thomson Hair - @austenthomsonhair
- Alix Maher, Lynda Maher Hair Studios - @alixmaher_creativecolour
Joining them for the next 12 months are:
- Chris Tranter, Ed & Co - @trulycreativemind
- Christopher Laird, Hair by Christopher Laird - @hairbychristopherlaird
- Rebecca Jacques, Bad Apple - @rebeccajacqueshair
- Mat Watt, Mathew Watt - @Mathew_watt
- Justin Mackland, Ishoka - @justinatishoka
- Sam Marais, Urban Hair - @sammaraisstylist
- Mimi Kobayashi, Billi Currie - @stylistmimi
Stay tuned to see how and what the all new #SKPcollective get up to next.