The sixth Academy Hair & Beauty Salon Awards, celebrating the stellar achievements of the Academy group: Claygate, Cobham, Esher, Hersham and Weybridge, and their respective teams, took place at Mercedes World Brooklands among a backdrop of amazingly luxurious cars.
There was a fabulous atmosphere, and the event was ably compered by Bruno Marc from Marc Antoni. The awards were presented by Academy’s suppliers and industry friends including Dawn and Paul Reilly, Balmain Paris Hair, Edward Hemmings from Alan D Hairdressing, Chris Parkman of L’Oreal Professionnel, Victor Pajak from Headquarters Hair Salon, Honor Mullholland of Alan Howard, Salon Evolution’s Steven Gunnip, and Steve Churcher and Gill Cowan of HaHa training.
Managing Director, Salv Mulé congratulated all the winners on their hard work, commitment and contribution to the continuing success of the salons. He said,
It's evenings like this that make me so incredibly proud of my team and even more passionate about this fantastically creative service industry that we belong to. For more than 20 years, Academy Salons has been both a joy and a journey and long may this continue.
And the winners are...
- Record Average Bill - Hannah Duraham, Cobham
- Rebooking - Meryl Rosser, Cobham
- Graduate - Chelsea Hadaway, Hersham
- Student - Kizzi Bird, Hersham
- Newcomer - Kirsty Whittington, Weybridge
- Retail - Leanne Vesey, Cobham
- Social Media - Weybridge
- Reviews - Weybridge
- Manager - Sarah Biss, Esher
- Hairdresser - Meryl Rosser - Cobham
- Salon of the Year - Hersham
- John Baxter Hill received an outstanding contribution award for ten years of loyal service, and for heading up the training academy