The return to Leeds for the second Yorkshire Salon Awards 2019 took place on Sunday 10th November at the Royal Armouries.
Guests celebrated in true Yorkshire style with a sparkling reception and a sumptuous dinner before the winners were awarded for their talent, dedication and hard work in hairdressing, across various business and individual categories.
Previous winners, Kuki Hair and Beauty Spa took home a new title this year ‘Best Salon for Bridal Hair’, the team at Twisted Scissors upgraded their individual Colourist title from 2018 to Best Colour Salon for 2019, and Funky Divas maintained their strong position as Best Salon Team in Yorkshire.
The evening was co-hosted by Salon Awards Founder Kate Jeffery and celebrity TV hairdresser Michael Douglas. The evening was packed full of excitement, laughter, much celebration and dancing. Kate said:
It was so thrilling to be back in Leeds for the second year, the build-up to the evening was full of apprehension and excitement. There was so much desire in the room to win one of our coveted awards, the winners have really set the bar high for 2020. I can’t wait for next year.
The Yorkshire Salon Awards is the penultimate event of the 2019 season. There are Salon Awards events in 2019 which together attract hairdressers, barbers and salon owners from their local areas.
And the winners are…
- Best Salon Yorkshire - Architect Hair
- Best Customer Experience - Sorelle Boutique
- Best Colour Salon - Twisted Scissors
- Best Salon for Training - Watkins Wright
- Best New or Refurbished Salon - The Salt Room
- Best Salon for Hair Extensions - Lox of Love
- Best Salon for Bridal Hair - Kuki Hair and Beauty Spa
- Best Salon Team - Funky Divas Salons
- Creative Image of the Year - Jill Watkins Wright, Watkins Wright
- Stylist of the Year - Ryan Fletcher, Funky Divas Salons
- Colourist of the Year - Claire Keith, Architect Hair
- Future Talent Award - Chloe Winfield, Hair & Beauty Secrets
- Barber of the Year - Brooke Rodgers, Funky Divas Salons
- People’s Choice Award - Tweek
The Salon Awards are supported by sponsors Great Lengths, Clean IT, L’anza, La Biosthetique, KIS and Barry Jeffery Photography. Entries are judged by a panel of hair industry professionals, business gurus, and prolific business owners alike, including Errol Douglas MBE, David Drew, Karine Jackson, Carolyn Newman and Craig Chapman to name a few. The Salon Awards ethos is to provide a fair and accessible competition for all.