Concept Hair Magazine have announced the winners of the Concept Hair Magazine Learner of the Year 2021 Competition. Professionals, lecturers, and industry giants attended the virtual event, which showcased this year's top hairdressing students and their work.
The competition gives the next generation of hairdressers and barbers the chance to be recognised for their hard work and skills. Alongside the prestige of winning a UK competition for both student and college, the competition is completely free to enter with fantastic prizes to be won.
Commenting on this year’s event, Matthew Batham, Editor of the Concept Hair Magazine, said that:
The last 12 months have presented us all with enormous challenges. The fact that the competition received such a huge number of entries to such a high standard pays testament to the passion and skills of hairdressing college students and apprentices across the UK. The future of hairdressing is in safe hands.
The event sponsors were L'Oréal Professionnel, Cloud Nine Hair, Wahl Professional, Bettertons, VTCT, and the Fellowship for British Hairdressing.
Zoë Tanner, Managing Director of Concept Hair Magazine, said that:
The competition is a celebration of the talent and tenacity of the next generation of hairdressing talent. It provides a great platform for student and apprentice hairdressers to showcase what they can do and start creating a name for themselves early on in their careers.
Winners of The Concept Hair Learner of the Year 2021
- Styling Level 1 winner - Cheyanne Logan, Bucks College Group, Aylesbury Campus
- Styling Level 2 winner - Olivia Ferry, Newcastle CollegeHair Up Level 2 winner Jessica Moody, Bridgwater and Taunton College, Bridgwater Campus
- Hair Up Level 3 winner - Ella Blidaru, Central Hair London
- Barbering Level 2 winner - Lauren Askew, Solihull College & University Centre
- Barbering Level 3 winner - Ethan Phillipson, Cheshire College South & West, Ellesmereport Campus
- Colouring winner - Jacqueline Kankam-Hoppe, Central Hair London
- Avant-Garde winner - Rachael Penny, College of West Anglia
- Fellowship for British Hairdressing Spotlight Award winner - Jacqueline Kankam-Hoppe, Central Hair London
- Overall Learner of the Year winner - Jessica Moody, Bridgwater and Taunton College, Bridgwater Campus