On Sunday 4th November, hairdressers from all over Yorkshire gathered at the Royal Armouries for the first ever Yorkshire Salon Awards.
The awards, part of the wider ‘Salon Awards’ group with sister ceremonies in Hampshire, Essex and Sussex, are judged by the best of the best from the hairdressing industry, from Karine Jackson (current President of the Fellowship for British Hairdressing) to hairdressing royalty like Errol Douglas MBE and Paul Falltrick. These special guests were joined by the event partners including innovative electrical styling brand, Hot Tools Professional; provider of world leading hair extensions Great Lengths; and salon favourite colour product house TIGI Colour.
Radio comedian and presenter Glen Moore started the proceedings with a stand-up set before co-hosting The Yorkshire Salon Awards alongside Founder and Director, Kate Jeffery.
Kate Jeffery reflected on the awards saying,
The Yorkshire Salon awards have had such a high standard of entries, making for some of the toughest competition yet. All the finalists and winners have done fantastically and should be super proud of themselves! It’s inspiring to see and celebrate so many hairdressers across the county carving a name for themselves in our industry. I want to wish a huge congratulations to all the finalists and the winners, from myself, the judges and our sponsors. We can’t wait to see what The Yorkshire Salon Awards has in store for 2019!
And the winners are…
- People’s Choice Award: Urban Angels, Brough
- Best Salon for Bridal: The Vanilla Rooms, Bawtry
- Best Salon for Hair Extensions: Sistachic, Sheffield
- Best Colour Salon: Twisted Scissors, Rotherham
- Best Barbers in Yorkshire: Legends and Rebels, Driffield
- Best New or Refurbished Salon: Urban Hair, Boroughbridge
- Most Sustainable Salon: Kuki Hair and Beauty, York
- Best Salon for Training: Unique, Hessle
- Future Talent Award: Kim Ford, Alexander Hair and Beauty - Kingston-Upon-Hull
- CreaOve Image Award: Tannish Downing, Twisted Scissors, Rotherham
- Colourist of the Year: Beth Bowers, Alexander Hair and Beauty, Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Stylist of the Year: Samantha Marais, Urban Hair, Boroughbridge
- Best Salon Team: Funky Divas Salon, Sheffield
- Best Customer Experience: Masters of Crag, Leeds
- Best Salon in Yorkshire: Unique, Cohngham