Achieve Olivia Culpo’s gorgeous Oscars red carpet ponytail with a little help from ghd Brand Ambassador, Justine Marjan.
We were inspired by the hairstyles seen on the Marchesa Fashion Show runway, particularly a hairstyle that featured a deep side parting and separation around the face. We wanted to balance the feminine glam of the dress with edgy and fashion forward hair.
Tips and Technique
- Prep damp hair with TRESemme Extra Hold Gel at the roots and use TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shine Serum at the ends.
- Create a deep side parting and then use the ghd air hairdryer (£99) and a fine tooth comb to dry the hair forward on the face.
- Blow-dry the rest of the hair straight using a smoothing brush.
- Spray TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protect Spray and run the ghd platinum styler (£165) through the hair from roots to ends.
- Separate the back section of the hair from the front and gather the back section into a low ponytail with a smoothing brush that has been sprayed with TRESemme Keratin Smooth Hairspray, and then secure with elastic.
- Add the front sections to the back of the ponytail and secure with elastic.
- Add a Rapunzel of Sweden ponytail extension piece, and then flat iron the length of the ponytail with the ghd platinum styler (£165).
- Run TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shine Serum through the length of the ponytail.
- Wrap the base of the ponytail with a velvet ribbon and secure with a Bobby pin, tucking in the ends.
- Spray a toothbrush with TRESemme Keratin Smooth Hairspray and lightly brush the top of the hair to smooth any flyaways.