Contrary to what you may think, it really is possible to get a salon blow-dry at home.
ghd UK ambassador, Zoe Irwin has the ultimate cheat sheet on how to achieve the look using the ghd X Lulu Guinness air hairdryer (£10 from every purchase going to Breast Cancer Now).
Get the look
- Start preparing your hair while you’re in the shower by rinsing your hair with freezing cold water - this gives amazing shine, seals the cuticle and gives a great natural base for a blow-dry.
- Never rough dry the hair - towel dry the hair as much as you can. Leave your hair to dry naturally as much as possible - leave it to dry while you’re doing your make-up.
- Sectioning is essential when blow-drying. Start at the base, use a larger brush than you would normally use (ghd ceramic vented radial brush, size 4) and blow-dry from the root to the tip. ALWAYS use a nozzle on your hairdryer. The nozzle on your hairdryer should follow the brush all the way down the hair in one movement. Work from the nape up to the top of the head.
- Seal the hair with a cold blast from your hairdryer – turn the dryer to cold and then press the cold button. Carry on following the brush through with the cold air - leave the cold on for about 5-10 seconds. This cools the hair totally, seals the cuticle for an amazing shine, and gives longevity and hold to the blow-dry.
Must have kit:
- ghd X Lulu Guinness air hairdryer (RRP £99) - the wide nozzle gives a perfect flow of air for a smooth, salon finish
- ghd Ceramic Vented Radial Brush size 4 (RRP £17.50)
ghd air by Lulu Guinness (RRP £99 with £10 donated to Breast Cancer Now)
Developed in conjunction with professional styling experts, ghd air unlocks the secret to a gorgeous salon blow-dry. Featuring a powerful professional motor and advanced ionic technology, ghd air delivers exceptionally fast drying and styling, while also helping to reduce frizz, leaving hair soft and silky. Whether you’re looking for quick, sleek and smooth results or fabulous volume, ghd air puts the power of a salon blow-dry in your hands.
ghd gold by Lulu Guinness (RRP £139 with £10 donated to Breast Cancer Now)
Proven to deliver sleeker, smoother and healthier hair, the new ghd gold professional styler features dual-zone technology for premium performance, an improved heat up time of only 25 seconds, a modernised design for smooth, snag-free styling, plus automatic sleep mode. Intelligent dual-zone technology maintains a safer-for-hair heat of 185°C constantly and evenly from root to tip.
ghd Pink Fast Facts
- £10 from every purchase goes to Breast Cancer Now
- The long-standing collaboration between ghd and global breast cancer charities has raised more than £10million over the past 14 years
- Breast cancer is still the most common cancer in the UK, with around 55,000 women now diagnosed every year
- 1 in 8 women can expect a breast cancer diagnosis in their lifetime. Breast Cancer Now believes that if we all act now, by 2050, everyone who develops breast cancer will live, and live well