The Anna Sui Spring/Summer 2017 collection was dubbed ‘Miss American Pie’ - with an endearing mix of cowgirl and folklore.
Celebrity hairstylist and R+Co Cofounder, Garren created looks that were inspired by the Ronettes and the Shangri-La. Rough texture was present for a rocker, bad-girl vibe, and additional inspiration came from a style that Garren did on Daria for Italian Vogue in 2004. Some of the models sported natural texture during their saunter on stage, and their curls were embraced and enhanced with Twister Curl Primer.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with Cactus Texturizing Shampoo for body, texture and movement.
- Create a low side parting and swoop the hair over the forehead.
- Apply a product like Chiffon Styling Mousse or Dallas Thickening Spray, and tease the hair at the crown to create a rough, but not huge, texture.
- Gather the top half of the hair at the back of the head to create a modern beehive and secure with pins to hold the shape.
- Finish with Outer Space Flexible Hairspray to keep the style in place.
Hair by Garren, Cofounder of R+Co