Celebrity and runway stylist, Matthew Curtis created the looks for Billy Reid’s Spring/Summer 2015 menswear collection for New York Fashion Week. The collection was injected with a fun, fearless energy and combined playful prints with masculine colours. Hair was mildly coiffed for an undone look.
Session Stylist: Matthew Curtis
Hair Inspiration: Mildly coiffed hair for an undone look – think boys will be boys. For this simple style, it’s all about perfecting one’s own natural texture.
Kit bag essential: Volume and body mousse for a fluffy and light texture.
Step by Step
For guys with short hair:
- Simply blow-dry hair to the side using fingertips so it falls naturally.
- Lightly smooth down the hair around the sides to create a subtly styled look.
- Apply a small amount of mousse into hands and lightly scrunch into hair whilst blow-drying
Tip: Use more mousse for a fluffier texture
For guys with long hair:
- Simply rough blow-dry the hair backwards, away from the hair line, applying a small amount of mousse for added texture.
- Using a hair band, loosely tie the hair back into a ponytail, allowing natural pieces of the hair to fall around the face.
Tip: The key to this look is not to spend too long smoothing it or perfecting it, as this tends to create more of a feminine feel.