Stuck for Christmas party hair ideas or just want to look fab on Christmas day?
The SJ Forbes team has it covered with two party hair tutorials to help you out this festive season…
Double braids, double the bun
- Prepare the hair with Kérastase K Styling V.I.P. Volume in Powder.
- Curl the hair using tongs, and once cool, run your fingers gently through the curls.
- Part the hair down the centre, and pin one side out of the way.
- Take the other section of the hair and create a French braid and secure with a clear hair band.
- Repeat the French braid on the opposite side of the head.
- Backcomb the loose end on each of the braids and wrap into a bun shape and pin into place.
- Loosen up the curls, and finish and set the look with Kérastase Styling Laque Couture hairspray.
- Prepare the hair with Kérastase K Styling V.I.P. Volume in Powder, and then curl the hair to give it more texture and movement.
- Take a halo section around the crown and secure with a clear band to create the first ponytail.
- Take another section from behind the ears and secure with a clear band to create a second ponytail, keeping the two front sections loose.
- Take the two ponytails and tie them in a knot, securing them with pins.
- Keep knotting the ponytails and securing with pins until you run out of hair to knot.
- Take the remaining hair and twist and pin-up around the knotted bun.
- Take the first loose side section – leaving a few tendrils around the face – and comb back the rest of the hair, crossing it over the knotted bun. Repeat the process with the other loose section of hair.
- Carefully twist up the remaining hair and pin-up the ends underneath the bun. Finish and set the look with Kérastase Styling Laque Couture hairspray