ghd were on hand to style the gorgeous Mollie King for Coachella 2017. See their how-to looks below…
Embellished rope braid
- Add undone texture by prepping the hair with ghd Curl Hold spray and blow-dry using the ghd Wanderlust Flight travel hairdryer (£55).
- Create loose waves all over by using ghd Platinum tropic sky styler (£175). Place the styler vertically into the root of the hair and twist the styler 360 degrees as you pull it through to the ends of the hair.
- Create a deep side parting and then add a rope twist braid to one side of the hair taking two pieces of hair and twisting them in the same direction, then cross over in the opposite direction. Gently pull apart the twist to loosen and create a more effortless finish.
- Add embellishment to the rope braid by placing hair rings sporadically through the braid.
- Set the look using ghd Final Fix Hairspray (£9.95).
Textured pony with velvet bow
- Add undone texture to the hair by prepping with ghd Curl Hold spray and blow-dry using the ghd Wanderlust Flight travel hairdryer (£55).
- Add texture and movement by using the ghd Amber Sunrise styler (£139). Place the styler vertically into the root of the hair and twist the styler 360 degrees as you pull it through to the ends of the hair, alternating sections to add more movement.
- Backcomb the roots to lift and add volume, and then use fingers to pull hair back into a low ponytail and secure with elastic.
- To soften the front, gently pull pieces of hair forward.
- Finish the look by tying a piece of velvet ribbon into a bow and cut the ends so that they're even. Set the look using ghd Final Fix Hairspray (£9.95).
Dusty pink Dutch braids
- Add grip and texture to the hair so that it's not too polished looking by prepping with ghd Root Lift spray (£12.95) and blow-dry using ghd Air Wanderlust collection hairdryer (£99).
- Create a centre parting using the ghd tail comb (£7.50).
- Using the ghd Ruby Sunset styler (£139), place the styler vertically into the root of the hair and twist the styler 360 degrees as you pull it through the hair, moving away from the face to create gentle soft waves.
- Use the ghd tail comb to create a triangular section from the parting to the crown. Braid from the parting to the crown of the hair using a Dutch braid technique. (Dutch braid technique: inside out braid, taking small sections from underneath as you braid through the hair). Secure with a hair grip for a seamless finish.
- For a pop of colour, spray the braids with a temporary hair colour; we chose a pastel pink for Mollie. Use ghd Final Fix hairspray.
Coachella glam wave
- Blow-dry hair with the ghd ceramic radial brush (£17.50) and ghd Wanderlust hairdryer (£99), creating volume at the roots and smoothing the ends.
- Create a low side parting on the right hand side using the ghd tail comb (£7.50).
- To add volume and lift the fringe area, blow-dry the fringe forward and then pin curl back in the opposite direction for added height. Leave to set while working on the rest of the hair.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, take medium sections of hair and use the ghd Platinum Tropic Sky styler (£175) to create polished waves in the hair. Place the styler vertically into the root and twist the styler 360 degrees as you pull it through to the ends. Repeat all over the hair, curling in one direction.
- Allow the hair to cool and set, then use a ghd wide toothcomb (£7.50) to gently loosen and brush the curls downwards.
- Using the ghd oval dressing brush (£20), smooth the hair on the right hand side back behind the ear.
- To finish the look, place three rose gold clips just above the right ear and finish with a spritz of ghd final shine spray (£9.95) for a polished finish.