This is a second season of a new journey for DAKS, displaying a co-ed show with both menswear and womenswear collections walking next to each other down one runway.
Both are very much linked, from the colour ways to the fabrics, there is a clear synergy between both collections. The inspiration behind the DAKS SS19 collection comes from the English garden. Comprised of delicate and bright colours to transport you instantly to an English garden in summertime.
Hair by Jan Przemyk for AOFM using R+Co
Womenswear hair had strong influences from disco chic, which was NYC circa ’76. Influences from Donna Summer, Bianca Jagger and Grace Jones. Typically an era where accessories such as headscarves and hats were present and augmented hair.
- Brush out the hair and then section
- Apply CHIFFON Styling Mousse (RRP £23.50) and DALLAS Thickening Spray (RRP £23.50) throughout, and then divide the hair in the middle twisting off the face into little knots on either side of the head
- The knots were then heated with irons and left to set
- These were then brushed out creating the desired volume, but gripped down behind the ears
- The headscarves were tied firmly holding on to the front, secured with grips at the back
- Runway ready with some VICIOUS Strong Hold Hairspray (RRP £23.50) and go…
Menswear hair pulled influences from iconic figures of the era, Nile Rodgers, David Bowie and a hint of John Travolta, which the curly textures was reminiscent of a young Yves Saint Laurent.
- SAIL Soft Wave Spray (RRP £23.50) revived the models hair adequately
- By tonging the models already curly textured hair, a more natural and cleaner texture was delivered
- Finish with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hold Hairspray (RRP £23.50)
- The variations in men’s texture allowed shorter styles to be slightly more amplified, for fluidity of the show, with new R+Co DART Pomade Stick (RRP £18.00)