Kevin Murphy professional salon, Mooch, is embracing the brand’s latest campaign – Supernatural – by sharing their top tips on how to work with your hair’s natural texture.
How many times have you uttered the words, “I hate my (insert hair type), I wish my hair was (insert desired hair type)”? Be honest, we’ve all been there. We often try so hard to manipulate our hair’s natural texture by altering it with heat, chemicals and products, that we make it more unmanageable in the long run.
Well, we at Mooch are here to help you rock your naturally curly, wavy, fine or thick hair and to embrace it in all its glory.
For those who like the Finer things...
For those on the finer side of life, it’s often all too easy to try and give your hair volume and texture by adding in curls or waves using a heated tool. But this can lead to further damage on your already fine strands. For fine hair we suggest a haircut, such as a lob or a bob. These two styles are great for building weight and fullness into the hair.
- Kevin Murphy Anti.Gravity and Staying.Alive - The Anti.Gravity and Staying.Alive combo is great for fine hair or hair that has been colour damaged. Staying.Alive is a natural thickener to the hair because of its vitamin content.
- Kevin Murphy Body.Mass - A leave-in plumping treatment spray designed for fine, limp and thinning hair.
- Kevin Murphy Doo.Over - A lightweight, dry finish, texturising hairspray to give body and volume to hair, whilst still allowing the freedom of movement.
For those on the Fuller side of life...
Just like with your finer haired sisters, we recommend a good haircut to help tame your thickness. Layers, undercutting and texturising can work wonders for those with thick hair.
- Kevin Murphy Stimulate-Me.Wash and Rinse - An antioxidant rich shampoo and conditioner designed to refresh and clarify the hair. With a repairing and invigorating blend of camphor crystals, bergamot mint and black pepper it helps to stimulate, smooth and restore the scalp and hair.
- Kevin Murphy Un.Tangled - A strengthening and detangling leave-in conditioner designed to help rehydrate and soften the hair.
For those who like to Wave...
Wavy haired vixens often complain of their hair being too frizzy or unmanageable, so they rely on heated tools to help straighten and smooth them out. Again, we at Mooch recommend a good haircut and the right products to help manage your waves. Layers are fantastic at removing weight from wavy hair and so helping to enhance your natural texture.
- Kevin Murphy Young.Again.Wash and Rinse - This restorative, softening shampoo and conditioner contains a complex of 20 amino acids to strengthen and smooth dry, brittle hair whilst extracts of Lotus flower and Orchid help to restore the youthful lustre and shine.
- Kevin Murphy Smooth.Again - An anti-frizz leave-in treatment designed to smooth and soften unruly hair.
For those who like a Spring in their step...
Hard techniques and chemicals are often used to help tame natural curls, which depletes the hair even further of its essential moisture. For curly hair the right products are key. For loose curls, opt for a gentle moisturising and cleansing shampoo and conditioner, followed by a gentle diffusing or air-drying of your curls. Use products such as butter creams, leave-ins and hair milks.
For more tightly coiled curls, cleansers, deep conditioners and softening masks are a must. Whilst products differ slightly for looser and tighter curls, the rules are still the same – moisturise, moisturise and moisturise!
- Kevin Murphy Luxury.Rinse - Luxury Rinse is an ultra rich conditioner with ingredients specifically suited for the needs of thick, coarse hair. This conditioner has the ability to make the hair more supple and improves flexibility on hair that is naturally course. Luxury Rinse is especially good for curly hair as it has the right hydro lipid balance that suits the needs of curly hair, too much moisture can result in flyways and frizz.
- Kevin Murphy Easy.Rider - This product will de-frizz and activate curls with added vitamins and minerals to treat your hair as it styles.
- Kevin Murphy Killer.Curls - A leave-in defining cream designed to make styling coarse, curly or frizzy hair easy