Authentic Beauty Concept UK Ambassador, Joseph Ferraro led a team of eight stylists including Dan Mewies, James Campbell, Mimi Kobayashi, Matt Surplice and Anthony McMeiken to create dramatic, high ponytails that complemented the AADNEVIK A/W 2020 collection at London Fashion Week.
The AADNEVIK Autumn/Winter 2020 show, held at the Royal Horseguard Hotel, was inspired by Alexander Jamieson’s beautiful depiction of the heavens in a celestial atlas, where star maps are overlaid with imagery from Zodiac and ancient mythology. AADNEVIK is a luxury London based brand established in 2013 by the designer duo Hila Aadnevik and Kristian Aadnevik; internationally renowned for their powerful feminine designs detailed with refined craftsmanship.
Lead stylist and Authentic Beauty Concept UK ambassador Joseph Ferraro said:
The designers sent us through a mood board for the hair and makeup looks they wanted us to achieve for the show. The brief was very strong, sophisticated and elegant, featuring a high ponytail. But being fashion, the pony needed to add drama, so we styled it super high with a glass-like, high-shine finish and added drama with some hair extensions. It was fantastic to use Authentic Beauty Concept backstage and really push the brand and products to achieve the high fashion look, but the look can also be adapted to have a softer and more commercial look. The Authentic Beauty Concept products are very natural and soft products, but this is important as it meant we could layer the products without overly setting the hair, achieve the look we wanted and keep the integrity of the hair.
Get the A/W AADNEVIK Authentic Beauty Concept look:
- Prep the hair with the Authentic Beauty Concept Flawless Primer.
- Blow-dry the hair applying Authentic Beauty Concept Amplify Mousse to each section and blow-drying in to give lift – blow-dry in an upwards direction around the hairline to achieve the high pony.
- Brush the hair into shape, using the Authentic Beauty Concept Working Hairspray whist getting the hair into a high ponytail. Tie with elastic.
- For extra length and volume, apply a hair weft working it around the ponytail and fixing into place.
- Take a section from underneath the ponytail, spray with hairspray and wrap around the elastic, working from the ponytail towards the head. Secure with a grip.
- Once the hair is in place you can use the Authentic Beauty Concept Shaping Cream to pick up any little flyaway hairs around the hairline and use a makeup brush to smooth it all over.
- Set the look with Authentic Beauty Concept Strong Hold Hairspray and finish with Authentic Beauty Concept Glow Touch for added shine and to create a polished finish.