Hair by: Celebrity hairstylist, Adir Abergel
Products: ghd air™ ELITE hairdryer (£99); ghd Platinum™ styler (£165) – ghdhair.com
This look is a modern take on a classic up-do featuring a duality of textures with architectural influences.
The dress is always a huge inspiration for me when I think about how to style hair. I loved how beautiful, sleek and modern this Versace dress felt. I wanted to embody that look in the hairstyle by bringing some structural build to it and incorporating some great classical elements at the same time.
- Start with wet hair and apply Leonor Greyl Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice from roots to mid-shaft all over to create hold and memory for a style that will last all night. Then use the ghd air™ ELITE hairdryer with a round brush to smooth the ends and create a bouncy voluminous blowout.
- Next, Separate the hair into two sections: a top half and a bottom half. Use the ghd platinum™ styler on the bottom half to create a beautiful smooth finish. Using the Leonor Greyl Gel a l'Hibiscus, slick the bottom half into a very tight ponytail a couple of inches above the neck. Then, take the top portion of the hair, part it down the middle, and tie it together with the bottom ponytail making sure you leave the top loose and undone in texture.
- Now, smooth the Leonor Greyl Gel a l'Hibiscus over the entire ponytail, and then fold the ponytail onto itself and secure with hair pins. To get a high finish texture with both shine and hold, use the Leonor Grey Laque Souple hairspray all over.
Hair by: Celebrity hairstylist, Castillo
Products: ghd Air ELITE hairdryer, ghd Paddle Brush, ghd Platinum styler – ghdhair.com
Designer: Jason Wu
Since the dress was custom-made, I really wanted the hair to be cohesive with the vision of the designer - sleek and chic.
- I started with a wash, which is the foundation. I used MOP Mixed Greens shampoo and stuck with a moisturising one to help her hair withstand humidity and heat from the tools. Next I used MOP’s Pear Detangler and combed through her hair to untangle and minimize frizz.
- I rough blow-dried the hair using the ghd Air ELITE hairdryer until it was about 80% dry, then brushed through it with the ghd Paddle Brush to take out any tangles. I created the side part, then section by section I flat brush blow-dried the hair straight and then went back over each section with the ghd Platinum styler from mid-hair shaft to end.
- Once I was done straightening, I took a dollop sized amount of MOP Orange Peel Molding Cream and coated root to mid-hair shaft the side of her hair. I brushed it through and then with a twisting motion I twisted it behind her ear and down the back of her neck. I repeated this same technique, minus the twist, and gathered her hair into a low ponytail, secured it with a hair bungee and wrapped a section of hair around the bungee to conceal it.
Taraji P. Henson
Hair by: Celebrity hairstylist, Kim Kimble
Products: ghd Curve® Creative Curl Wand – ghdhair.com
Designer: Vera Wang
We wanted to play up Taraji’s natural hair texture, so we decided to go with the ‘wet’ hair look.
- To start, we washed her hair earlier in the day and allowed for it to air dry to preserve her hair’s natural texture.
- Once dried, we began refining Taraji’s natural waves by using the tip of the ghd Curve® Creative Curl Wand to add texture and definition. To finish, we added in a bit of product to make the hair appear ‘piecey’.