Capturing the zeitgeist is integral to ghd, which is why the Spring/Summer 2022 collection is all about Gen Z and their spirit of individuality, optimism, and connectivity.
The first generation of true digital natives are hyper content focussed, so this collection is packed full of scroll-stopping detailing and trending techniques that have both social and salon appeal, plus there’s a complementary limited edition product line to match the pastel hues present throughout the collection.
Amy Sontae, ghd global education creative manager, said:
We wanted to create hair looks that speak to the next generation of ghd customers, while using techniques that have universal appeal. These styles were made to be showcased on social media; the pastel tones, embellished details, and Y2K inspirations all have a Gen Z feel but are built around techniques and tools that everyone will love.
The collection features eight looks, built on techniques that will get clients talking both on the salon floor and when captured for social media. Crafted using the new limited-edition pastel coloured collection, plus the new ghd curve pencil curler for enhanced texture, it’s an optimistic styling moment that’s guaranteed to make you smile.
As salons work to attract a younger audience both as clients and on the team, this series of fresh, fun, festival-ready looks are guaranteed to speak to them.
- Pearl-embellished edges add an opportunity for a hyper-personalised finish.
- Sleek stacked knots provide 360 interest and bring an edge to colour techniques.
- Intermixing curl silhouettes and textures makes for a bespoke finish.
- A super-soft take on the 70s trend, with pinched curtain bangs and flicked-out waves for a new generation.
- Tumbling waves and baby braids are a festival staple.
- The low pony gets an upgrade with infinity braid detailing.
Hair: Chris Southern
Creative Direction & Styling: Amy Sontae
Photography: Claire Rothstein
Make-up: Jose Bass