ghd had a bumper weekend at sunny Coachella with Patrick Wilson and Shelley Gregory creating some beautiful festival hair for the likes of Danielle Peazer, Jade Thirlwall and Rochelle Humes.
See how to create the looks here.
Hair by Patrick Wilson
Braids, waves and chains
- Prep the hair with heat protection spray with UV protection.
- Create a loose wave using the ghd gold pure gold styler. Start by taking a section of the hair, place the styler on the hair and turn the styler 180 degrees, then push downwards. Leave the ends straight for an edgier finish.
- Alternate the direction of the wave throughout the hair, starting with the hair around the face and direct this motion away from your face to frame and flatter.
- Next create an inch thick channel of hair from the front of the head to the crown. Add large chain rings throughout stopping at the point of the crown.
- Create two micro braids to sit either side of the chain rings.
- Secure into a high ponytail at the back and conceal the band by wrapping a small piece of hair around the pony.
- Finish with a spritz of ghd final fix hairspray to add shine and hold the look in.
Waves and Hidden Charms
- Prep the hair using the ghd heat protection spray with UV protection – the ultimate summer multi-tasker which saves valuable luggage space and prevents the build-up of product in your hair.
- Add loose waves to the hair using the ghd pure gold styler, rotate the styler 360 degrees, gliding through to the ends.
- Repeat this technique, alternating the direction that you turn the styler for a beachier wave!
- Alternating the direction of the curls around the sides and back of the head creates more volume and texture throughout.
- Let the curls set and cool and then gently run the ghd wide tooth comb through to break up the hair.
- Spritz with the ghd final fix hairspray to hold the final look.
- Lastly, scatter silver KELA beads throughout the hair for a festival chic finish.
Hair by Patrick Wilson
Bounce and Beads
- Prep the hair with heat protection spray with UV protection and curl hold spray.
- Diffuse the hair using the ghd saharan gold air hairdryer plus diffuser to enhance the natural texture.
- Use the tip of the ghd curve creative curl wand to add definition throughout the hair. Then create a deep side parting on one side and section into five diagonal partings.
- Secure with clear elastics, pulling the hair back to form a diamond shape.
- Add rose gold beads to cover the elastics.
- Finish with a spritz of ghd final fix hairspray.
- Spritz the hair with water until it is 100% wet and create a deep side parting.
- Apply ghd smooth & finish serum all over to control frizz.
- Use the ghd oval dressing brush to pull hair back into a low ponytail and secure at the nape of the neck with elastic.
- For a fuller ponytail, add some extensions if necessary.
- Prep the ponytail with ghd curl hold spray.
- Create a tight curl by wrapping small sections of hair around the ghd classic curl tong.
- Backcomb to add extreme volume and texture, then spray with ghd final fix hairspray.