Kylie Jenner rocked old school French braids this week, which make for a quick effortless up-do. Follow Charles Worthington’s Marc Trinder’s step-by-step guide to get this cool, chic look:
1. On second day old hair use a salt spray throughout to dampen the hair down and dry into your hair with a hairdryer on a low heat and speed. This will give the hair a crunchy texture and create stiffness to the hair, which makes braiding much easier with more grip.
2. With a pin tail comb draw a strong centre parting and clip one side clean away.
3. On the other side pick up three strands of hair at the front hairline and French braid down the centre of the section, picking hair up from the scalp each time you cross the sections over.
4. Continue until you run out of hair and secure with a small band on the ends.
5. Repeat this on the opposite side.
6. Once the two braids are in place, start at the bottom loosening and teasing the braids apart. When they start to loosen, work the technique up the head to the original starting position.