The key to achieving a great smoky eye is blending, blending and more blending! We would also recommend you stay away from blue hued eye shadows as these can make you look like you have under eye circles.
Here are our five steps to achieving gorgeous smouldering eyes:
1. Start by applying a cream concealer over your eyelid, this will help create a smooth base for your eye shadow and keep it in place for longer.
2. Using a pencil eyeliner (black or grey works best) trace your top lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Then, use the same pencil to dot between your lower lashes before smudging both lash lines with an eyeliner brush.
3. Sweep your chosen eye shadow over your eyelid and into your crease, blending the colour upwards and outwards.
4. Dust a lighter, neutral eye shadow over your brow bone. You can also add this to the inner corners of your eyes if you wish to lighten this area a little.
5. Finish with two good coats of black mascara.
TIP: To prevent colour from fading and give your lids a more shimmery finish, pat a cream shadow over the concealer on your lid first, wait five minutes, then top with a matching powder shadow.