Inspired by traditional 18th century vintage Rococo designs in floral forms, Zeynep Kartal’s latest collection ‘A Royal Romance’ celebrates inspirational female royals who have resided at Buckingham Palace.
Session stylist: Matthew Curtis Creative Team
Hair inspiration: The hair look was at once effortless and romantic with an airy feel and a slight nod to Victoriana. All models wore low buns with a dishevelled texture, parted from the right and with natural texture and flyaways ‘windswept’ slightly to the left. The understated hairstyle complemented the complex textures and intricate embroidery of the garments.
Kit bag essentials: Living proof full thickening mousse to boost roots, Oribe Texturizing Spray, medium sized curling tongs and Living Proof Flex Shaping Hairspray to add texture. Hair was finished with a touch of Living Proof Control Hairspray to add the style.
- Loosely tong hair from the roots, leaving ends straight (as these will poke out of the bun).
- Manipulate hair back from right-hand part into a low height ponytail.
- Twist the length of the ponytail then run fingers against the hair cuticle to roughen texture.
- Twist the ponytail into a bun and pin very closely to the head.
- Tease strands around the head for a halo of disheveled strands.