Resort Week in New York City has just been checked off the fashion circuit, with R+Co creating some stylish delights for Lela Rose and Lorod.
Lela Rose Resort 2018
Hair by Braydon Nelson for R+Co
This year’s presentation for the Lela Rose Resort collection was held at the Jefferson Market Garden, which helped to accentuate the floral-embroidered designs. Lead hairstylist Braydon Nelson used R+Co to create the look.
We wanted it very simple and angelic while keeping kind of a natural texture in the hair, explained Braydon.
Get the look…
- Start by applying CHIFFON Styling Mousse (£22.95), and then comb it through the hair.
- Tuck hair behind the ears and clip it to hold it in place.
- Diffuse the hair to create the desired shape. For straighter styles, create a bit more texture using a curling wand.
- Remove clips and brush out the hair.
- Add DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo (£22.95) to break up the hair and add texture.
- Once the desired texture is achieved, tuck hair behind the ears again and add bobby pins to secure.
- Spray with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray (£22.95) for a light hold.
- Finish with TINSEL Smoothing Oil (£22.95) on the ends for shine if needed.
Lorod Resort 2018
Hair by Edward Lampley for R+Co
This season’s Lorod Resort collection focused on re-contextualizing vintage work wear with splashes of colour and using various pattern-cutting techniques. Lead hairstylist Edward Lampley used R+Co to create the look.
We wanted it to be a bit of a sweaty, greasy texture, explained Edward.
Get the look…
- Start by applying AIRCRAFT Pomade Mousse (£22.95) from the root to mid-shaft, and spray a combination of GRID Structural Hold Setting Spray (£22.95) and ROCKAWAY Salt Spray (£22.95) to the ends.
- Diffuse everything into the hair.
- Create a centre parting and then section off the hair below the occipital bone. Create a small cornrow from ear to ear to use as structure to pin everything into place. (Tip: Spray the hair used in the cornrow with DALLAS Thickening Spray (£22.95) for hold and strength).
- Take the front section of hair on either side of the part and loosely roll it then tuck it underneath the braid.
Lela Rose Resort photography: Xin Wang
Lorod Resort photography: Shelby Rodriguez