Orley’s Autumn/Winter collection was rooted in classic American staples - the workhorse pieces people wore every day.
There was a nostalgic charm to a green striped sweater set for her and a baby blue knit polo and cardigan for him, both spun from Cariaggi merino. Or the way in which the women's cream knit skirts hit properly just below the knee and the men's tailored pants were cropped at the ankle, as if to rile dad in the least offensive way possible.
Orley's designers have a nice sense of colour and they aren't shy about using it, from the tart green and soothing blues to cream, grey, and darker tones. The women's looks were done exclusively in knits and stole the show, especially a gray cable sweater and skirt with a stripe of black colour-block and its twin in reverse colours.
The team relished in adding small details, like jersey-covered buttons and hand-finished grosgrain ribbons at waistbands for women and old-timey jacket closures for men. Just the sort of neat-o touches you might have seen in Grandpa's and Grandma's closets.
For the Men’s how-to click here!
Session Stylist: Raphelle Saint-Marshall for Kérastase
Hair Inspiration: Casual chic – we wanted to create a truly effortless look. Hair was tucked behind the ears for an elfish feel, with a few wispy flyaway’s framing the face.
Kit Bag Essential: Kérastase Mousse Bouffante, Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil, Kérastase Spray À Porter.
1. Apply Kérastase Mousse Bouffante to the hair focusing on the root and mid-lengths, and blow-dry smooth using a nozzle and medium sized round brush.
2. Use a comb to create a neat centre parting.
3. Rub Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil into the palm of hands and finger tips, and run through the mid-lengths and ends to give shine and definition.
4. Spray Kérastase Spray À Porter on mid-lengths and ends to build texture into the style.
5. Depending on face shape and suitability, tuck hair behind ears, allowing loose strands to fall naturally.