At Samuel Chapman Salon, the team have many clients that have high hopes of having perfect platinum hair, but are shocked when they are told of what it entails and the reality of the upkeep perfect platinum hair takes.
With this in mind, we turned to the team at Samuel Chapman to tell you the truth about going (and maintaining) perfectly platinum hair.
We believe instagram has a lot to answer for over the past few years, with so many images of beautiful hair that has been retouched and styled especially for the photograph you are seeing.
What you NEED to know:
- Perfectly bleached hair is a time consuming process, as it's hard to create and hard to maintain.
- Bleach will make the hair structure swell, making it feel fuller but slightly stiffer when it comes to styling.
- Once the Bleach has penetrated through the outside of your hair cuticle it then has to get to work on removing your hair colour.
- Depending on how dark your hair is to start with, the underlying colours your hair will have to go through are Red/Orange, Orange, Orange/Yellow, Yellow, Pale Yellow and Palest Yellow.
- Your hair will become more porous. This means that your hair will retain but release moisture very quickly. It is essential that you keep your hair consistently nourished if you are to attempt the platinum process with your colourist.
- We recommend Olaplex to every client. Olaplex is a two step in-salon treatment that goes into your bleach and toner. The first step rebuilds broken disulfide bonds and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing the hair. Our second salon step continues to rebuild and restore any remaining broken bonds ensuring the strongest, shiniest, and healthiest hair possible.
- Be prepared to see your colourist more frequently. We recommend visiting your hair colourist every 6-8 weeks to keep your beautiful platinum hair looking its best.
If you have any further questions please contact a member of our team who will be able to give you a complimentary consultation.