Schwarzkopf Professional have been the choice of product backstage at Harrogate Bridal Fashion Week by the award-winning, MG Hair & Makeup team.
Megan Garmers, Founder and Director of MG Hair & Makeup, spoke of the yearly event that took place last September:
As the spring is upon us, we are getting ready for London Bridal Fashion Week and reminiscing about Harrogate Bridal Fashion Week. There is always a mix of established designers and new or indie brands that show their designs on the catwalks and we love being a part of the backstage team to get the models ready. For Harrogate Bridal Fashion Week, we loved using Schwarzkopf Professional products to style and maintain the look the whole day through, as there were multiple shows in one day.
Get the Look by Megan Garmers:
The overall look was a youthful one, leaning on the boho side with a braid and messy updo in the lower section of the back of the head.
- Start by prepping the hair with dry texture sprays and dry shampoo as needed to give added grit and texture. Each model had different hair types and amounts so sometimes a mixture of both were needed. We used the Schwarzkopf Professional Mad About Waves Dry Shampoo, Schwarzkopf Professional OSIS+ Dry Texture Spray and Schwarzkopf Professional OSIS+ Pigmented Dry Shampoo. For a few with extra fine texture, we also used Schwarzkopf Professional OSIS+ Soft Dust in the crown as well.
- We then brushed through the product and sectioned the hair to do a hard set with a curling iron and the Schwarzkopf Professional OSIS+ Elastic Hold Hairspray, pinning up the curls to cool. This gave the added lift at the roots especially for those with thinner and fine textured hair.
- Once the hair had cooled, we took the curls down, we gave the model a side part and started with a braid on each side and finished with a rubber band.
- We then took the bottom side sections and clipped them forward so we could work on the lower middle section. Taking it into thirds, we made 3 ponytails and sectioned each pony into 2 sections. After teasing each section, we twisted them over each other and pinned each over the rubber band base to conceal it. After the lower middle section was done, we took the braids and pinned them down across the back of the head diagonally.
- Then taking the side sections, we sectioned each in two, teased and twisted the sections just like the lower middle section. Each side was then pinned above the lower middle section and over the braids. We took small pieces out around the face to loosen the look a bit and finished with the Schwarzkopf Professional OSIS+ Sparkler Shine Spray and the Schwarzkopf Professional OSIS+ Session Label Super Dry Fix.