2020 has been a unique - to say the least – year, but as October rolls on and the autumn trends are reigning supreme in stores, perhaps it is time to embrace the season’s newest hair trends to update your style; with Pastels Salons in Dubai at the ready to create them for you.
- Shadow root: Lived-in, more natural looking hair is one of the most popular trends this year, and this low-maintenance hair look is a perfect option for blondes. The secret to achieving this look is that it is blended well.
- Warm highlights: Highlights are a brilliant way to add depth and dimension to your look. This year, warm shades such as champagne, caramel and honey tones, will be popular.
- Reflective red: Muted red tones are super trendy, and highlights and colour slashes can be used to give the hair a subtle but effective pop of red that provides the hair with a multi-dimensional, interesting look.
The go-to cuts
- The Modern Shag: Inspired by '70s iconic styles such as Farrah Fawcett's feathered hair and Joan Jett's rock'n'roll style, the strength in the shape comes from keeping the ends blunt and the exterior strong.
- The Solid Banged Bob: As seen on model Aylah Peterson at Saint Laurent, this style has statement and presence and is defined by keeping the strands all one length, which gives it a 'glass hair' finish. Think Uma Thurman in Pulp Ficton and you are on the right track!
- Big Blow-dry Glamour: As proven by Lanvin's AW 2020/2021 fashion show, but the 2020 version is cooler and edgier. To recreate the look, apply a volumizing spray to dry hair and blow-dry with a round bristle brush. Take a large tong and separate the hair in large sections, then set around the tong as if you were putting rollers in, making sure that you leave the ends out.