With salons across the UK navigating new lockdown rules, ghd is committed to supporting their community of salons by helping them thrive and gift the magic of a good hair day, despite the salon doors being shut.
ghd branded Christmas assets are available for salons to keep their social feeds looking festive, and more importantly, reminding clients that Christmas shopping is not cancelled this year - it is just a few clicks away. The ghd sales team are also on hand to support their salons during lockdown, offering expert tips on how to maximise Christmas retail opportunities via a virtual shop window.
Niki Morgan, Commercial Director UK and Ireland for ghd, says:
Good hair days are special and salons are essential for creating them – so this is the time to harness the power of social media and make it your new salon window. Instagram and TikTok both play an important role in engaging with clients and present an opportunity to encourage them to support you, their trusted local salon for their Christmas retail needs.
Top tips from ghd include:
- Offering home delivery or a click and collect service means clients can shop safely from the convenience of their home.
- People are happy to invest in beautiful hair, which means recommending the very best products to help them achieve it. Why not set up a consultation line for clients wanting to discuss their Christmas retail needs.
- Education is key for helping clients learn how to maximise their tools, so use lockdown to film client friendly tutorials and share online.
- Take this a step further and hold an online masterclass on IG or Facebook Live.
- Invite clients back for a 1:1 masterclass with their new tool once the salon doors are back open.
- Gift an in-salon service voucher with each tool as part of a retail offer, to encourage clients to book in for a styling session.
- Attract new customers with a Christmas inspired window display and direct them to your website or social accounts to find out how to buy.