We caught up with the team at Brown Sugar Hair Salon in Dubai to get their lowdown on all things weave…
There is a wide selection of 100% human hair extensions for clients to choose from and we recommend that you invest in the highest quality products to achieve the most natural look and keep the extensions looking good for much longer.
Choose your weave services:
- Leave Out: Weaves with some of the natural hair left out of the extension.
- Fully Covered: Weaves with the hair completely covered with the extension.
- Weave Cap: The weave is fixed on to a special type of cap before placing on to the head.
- Customised Wig: The hair extension is created to allow the wearer to remove the whole extension on and off as per their convenience.
- Lace Frontal: A piece of frontal closure is used to make the hairline look as natural as possible.
How to care for your weave:
- Always detangle the weave before cleansing.
- Use a heat protector spray when styling your weave with irons or tongs.
- Wear a silk scarf on your weave when sleeping to maintain your weave and keep it looking nice and fresh for longer.
- It is advisable to do a deep conditioning treatment on your weave at least every month.
- Wearing the weave for over 8 weeks may damage your hair, especially the hairline.
- Treat and care for your weave the same way you would your own hair.