Simon Cox, Managing Director of Clipso St Albans, shares his top tips on getting the perfect SS15 ponytail.
The perfect ponies were first spotted on the New York catwalks, then reappearing in London, it seems that low multi-textural ponytails are making a comeback and are no doubt that must have trend for spring/summer 15.
Step by Step:
- Start by rough drying the hair, using only L’Oreal Professionnel Techni Art Constructor for heat protection (this can be used on damp or dry hair).
- Once completely dry, use the GHD Curve Classic Wave Wand on the length of the hair to get that soft texture.
- Then pull hair into a low ponytail and secure at the nape if the neck. Use a GHD Oval Dressing Brush if possible as this will prevent static build-up.
- Finish with a finishing spray all over to secure.
What you need to know!
- To add a different feel to a standard pony, take a small section of the hair out and wrap around the band. This will hide it and add a more dressed finish in seconds.
- Tease the hair at the crown for a more natural finish.
- Choose hair friendly elastic to secure your ponytail. Never use rubber bands with no special coating that will protect your hair from pulling and ripping.
- To avoid an annoying ‘hair bag’ underneath your ponytail, hold your head back when pulling your hair up and fixing the elastic.