As anticipation grows for office parties and family get-togethers this year, it’s the perfect opportunity for clients to add some glamour to their hairstyle and wear something a little bit different.
Clients are already talking about their parties and what they’re doing over Christmas and are planning their outfits in advance. But when it comes to the hair, you don’t have to go crazy, sometimes less is more, such as a classic braid. It’s easy to do but looks so stylish. - Matrix Artist Ambassador Carol Ritchie
Here’s Carol’s three go-to party hair pieces
This is the most versatile of styles. When your client has long hair, this is one of the easiest and most elegant styles you can offer. There are lots of ways to wear it – low and slick at the nape, or high and glossy at the crown.
Leave out a small section of hair and use this to cover the hair band at the base of the tail. When creating a curly ponytail, tie the hair into place then curl the ends.
Half up half down
This can be worn wavy or straight. Try incorporating either a twist braid at the crown, or a fishtail braid as this gives such a different feel to it. Matrix Height Riser volumizing powder adds some hold and volume so you can easily pull out the braids to give it more dimension which is popular now.
One-sided low bun
One of the easiest ways to create this look is to pull the hair into three low ponytails, then either French plait, create a fishtail braid or twist them together and pin in place. This looks like you have put a lot of effort into the style and will really catch people’s eye. Adding a few accessories will really showcase the bun and is party ready. Hair accessories look amazing, especially if you add three or four on one side.
Top tips to make the appointment run smoother
- Ask the client to dress comfortably with a loose-button shirt so they can take it off easily without disturbing the finished look.
- Ask the client to bring at least three different images of inspiration with them so you can talk about and understand exactly what they want.
- Bring their own accessories to dress the hair.
- Be sure your client books in good time and have a trial appointment beforehand.
- Don’t forget to remind your client to come with hair washed and dried on the day and not to apply too much product.
- You want their visit to be as stress free as possible for both of you so enjoy it.