Keep your business secure during lockdown
With the nation in lockdown due to COVID-19 and business premises sitting empty, this can present an opportunistic time for criminals.
Here are some quick tips to help you keep your salon safe and secure:
- If you have an alarm system make sure you test it regularly even while in lockdown to ensure it is fully operational.
- The same goes if you have CCTV – make sure it is working, provides good quality images, and is in a position that covers as wide an area as possible.
- Don’t keep any cash or high valuable goods on site – remove these completely if possible. Should you be storing valuables or money in a safe in-salon, then where possible this safe should be bolted to the floor.
- Take a walk around your salon premises and identify any weak areas. Make sure all gates at the back of the property are secure and locked, and doors are secure, closed and locked.
- Have a list of key staff members who can be contacted in an emergency and who can get to the salon. Make sure they have keys to the salon too.
- Consider moving any computers, coffee machines, hair products and tools for retail out of view so they can’t easily be seen.
- Speak with other local businesses and set-up a community watch scheme. This can be achieved on a daily walk or drive by to make sure everything is fine.
- Make sure you have spoken to your insurance broker to confirm if there are any requirements on your policy you need to meet and that you are fully covered.