Mental Health First Aid Online Course
Do you support the mental health of your diverse team? Our Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course will teach you how to safeguard the mental wellbeing of your team and help create a positive working environment.
Poor mental health leads to 70 million lost working days each year and has a massive impact on the hair and beauty industry! As a trained mental health first aider you will be able to help protect the mental health of your team whatever life throws at them.
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!
Everyone should do this course. I have used my skills on four separate occasions already! If you are a human and you speak to humans, you should do this.
Eight hours of your life for a long life skill. All done online in the comfort of your home in a small online group. - Kathryn Berale
TWO DAY COURSE (made up of four sessions)
The course is delivered online and is available to both members and non-members. You will learn about:
- What mental health means and what factors influence it
- Suicide and the effects of drugs and alcohol
- Non-judgemental listening and the importance of self-care
- Explore anxiety, panic attacks and crisis first aid
- Mental health recovery and building a mentally healthy workplace
- And more!
Our course is made up of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading. This can be done at your own pace in advance of each live session. The live sessions are led by Clair Orton. Clair Orton is an Instructor Member approved by MHFA England to deliver Adult MHFA courses within Good Salon Guide.
- Dates: More dates coming soon!
- Cost: £250 / €280 for Good Salon Guide members or £275 / €310 for non-members. A payment plan is available for all Good Salon Guide members.
- Qualification: Upon completion, you will be a fully trained Mental Health First Aider as recognised by Mental Health First Aid England.
- Register your interest here
HALF DAY COURSE
We are also running a half-day course that will allow you to raise your awareness of mental health. All delegates receive a certificate of attendance proving you are Mental Health Aware, a manual to refer to whenever you need it, and a workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
The course covers the following:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after you own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress of who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Date: Dates yet to be announced.
- Cost: £115. A payment plan is available for all Good Salon Guide members.
- Qualification: All half day delegates receive a certificate of attendance proving that they are Mental Health Aware.
- Register your interest here
So proud to of completed Good Salon Guide's Mental Health First Aid course. This course has been a brilliant insight into the world of mental health... so much I didn't know but now understand. Such valuable information that will remain with me for life.
Many thanks to the fabulous Clair Orton who has made this course so pleasurable to learn, and many thanks to Good Salon Guide and Gareth Penn for being fabulous industry leaders! - Julie Rampling-Hilton, Hatters Hair Design
The Online Learning Hub
The Online Learning Hub is where the course will take place. Full details and links on the Hub will be sent to you once you are registered.
It is important to recognise that this course covers material which you may find emotionally triggering. Your self-care is important and your safety throughout is our priority. Please consider identifying someone who could potentially support you during or after the course if you need it. Please take some time to identify this person before the course starts.
To register your interest in our course and to sign up for our payment plan, please fill out and submit the form to us below.