Hampshire Apprenticeship Hairdressing Academy (HAHA Training) offers training and assessments in the hairdressing and beauty sectors. Our bespoke training salons are located on London Road, North End, Portsmouth and Randal View, Fareham, Hampshire.
The apprenticeship courses offered by MIT Skills/HAHA have been designed to be completed in 12 months. Unlike colleges and other training providers, we will be operating a number of courses throughout the year, and not just starting in September. We have excellent links with salons in the Hampshire and Surrey areas. Our professional team will mentor, support and assess you throughout the whole process!
We aim to become a centre of excellence offering accredited training courses to the hairdressing and beauty industry accredited with City & Guilds. The state-of-the-art salon will give learners 'real' work experience of running a salon, as it will operate as a fully functional salon. The learner will learn new skills, techniques and gain evidence towards their qualification.
Our academy and staff are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students. MIT Skills/HAHA are also committed to opposing all forms of discrimination and ensuring that we provide equal opportunities. MIT Skills/HAHA offer; Level 2 and 3 Apprenticeships, A1 Assessors Award, V1 Verifiers Award, Teacher Training and short hairdressing accredited courses. HAHA also offer bespoke training to support and assess training provided by the salons.
Whether you are an employer wanting more information about apprenticeships or future courses, a potential student with or without a job or are currently working with young people, please contact us.
***Please be aware that when making a booking request via Good Salon Guide, it is not a confirmed appointment until the salon has contacted you directly. The date and time you request isn't always available***
Level 2 Apprenticeship
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Intermediate Apprenticeship)
Initially, we will offer Level 2 QCF NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing accredited with City & Guilds. The framework will consist of the following elements:
- NVQ log book including observations, assessments and personal statements of evidence matching the criteria and knowledge elements.
- Functional Skills - numeracy and English contextualized to the hairdressing industry.
- Employability Rights and Responsibilities - understanding employment law, company policies and legislation.
- Health and Safety - understanding the importance of H&S in the workplace and within the industry.
- Personal Learning Skills - self-development techniques, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
All of the NVQ students and apprentices will be employed by hairdressing salons with attendance at the training academy at least once a week. The duration of the course is designed so that it will be completed within 12 months.
Apprentices Skills Criteria:
- How to engage with customers
- Reception duties
- Appointment making
- Preparation of clients
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Cutting techniques
- Styling techniques
- Colouring techniques
- Perming techniques
- Product promotion services
- Managing self and creative thinking
The apprentice will need to be employed for at least a minimum of 30 hours a week. Within the 30 hours of employment apprentices are required to attend the academy one day a week for training and assessment. HAHA will carry out employer visits for reviews, mentoring, assessments and observations every 4-6 weeks.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Advanced Apprenticeship)
Apprentices work towards work-based learning such as a Level 3 competence-based qualification. The qualification intended to support a job role and will have direct responsibilities within a business or a supervisory role.
- G22 Safety Control Operations
- G18 Promoting Services or Products
- G21 Hairdressing Consultations
- GH16 Cutting Techniques
- Colouring Hair
- GH18 Colour Correction
- GH19 Creative Styling & Hairdressing
- GH20 Dress Long Hair
- GH21 Cretive Hairdressing Skills
- H32 Promotional Activities
Integral to the apprenticeship, math's and English Level 2 provides development in everyday work related skills. There will be work related projects and timed assignments.
- Two day induction plus self study and assessment
- Course Dates: throughout the year
- Candidate must be a qualified hairdresser to Levels 2 and 3
- Suitable for all hairdressers looking to assess
V1 Verifiers Award
No reviews found - see below to add one!