What Hunters Hair Academy Ltd can do for you? We aim to work in partnership with the salon owners to create salon ready stylists who are able to produce an income for the salon at the end of NVQ Level 2.
Apprentices are trained here, in our commercial high street salon in Dover, ensuring that they have access to a range of models to learn on and develop their skills.
To become an apprentice you must first be employed in a hairdressing salon; we can assist you to find an employer.
What will an apprentice learn?
- NVQ Level 2 is the foundation hairdressing scheme. On this scheme Apprentices will learn all of the fundamental skills required to become a salon stylist; this includes shampooing and conditioning, blow-drying, cutting, colouring, perming and customer service. Apprentices will also develop their personal learning and thinking skills and if necessary complete Functional Skills in Maths and English, improving employability skills.
- NVQ Level 3 is the advanced hairdressing scheme. This scheme offers a range of units depending upon which skills the Advanced Apprentice wishes to develop. Learn advanced cutting techniques; redesign hairstyles, wedding and avant-garde creative hair-up and creative colouring techniques. To showcase the skills learnt during this course the Advanced Apprentice will take part in a photographic shoot, hair show or competition.
- Why choose Hunters Hair Academy Limited? We are an academy managed by hairdressers, dedicated to developing young hairstylists through work-based learning. We are committed to the on-going training and developing of our lectures to ensure that what is taught is industry relevant, current and commercial. What are the benefits?
To the Employer
- Apprentices are developed into professional and competent stylists
- Apprentices understand how to grow their clientele and increase income through recommending additional products and services
- Through the development of apprentices the salon will continue to grow and generate income
- Employers are encouraged to become involved in their apprentices learning and will receive regular visits from the lecturing team to discuss their apprentices progress and individual training needs
To the Apprentice
- Apprentices will be taught in a commercial high street salon ensuring that they learn on real people with a range of different hair types
- Taught in small groups the apprentice will receive more one-to-one support throughout their course
- Work-based apprenticeship programmes allow the apprentice to ‘earn whilst they learn’
- Apprentices will gain a qualification which is more than just a certificate; they will gain a skill for life, creating a range of opportunities for them
We’re easy to find as the academy is just a five minute walk from Dover Priory Train Station and Pencester Road Bus Station
Please contact us for more information:
Hunters Hair Academy Limited, 3 Biggin Street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1BD
01304 219933 / [email protected]
Monday Model Club
No reviews found - see below to add one!