Charismatic, motivating and creative, Anne Veck has been described by Hair magazine as “One of the most iconic hairdressers in the world”. She is an expert educator in all aspects of styling and long hair... bridal, hair-up, red carpet, avant-garde and classic styling techniques.
Anne is the Artistic Director for Anne Veck Oxford and the Hair Ambassador for the National Hair and Beauty Federation. She is a 14 times Finalist in the British Hairdressing Awards, and is the 2016 Southern Hairdresser of the Year. Working at least two days a week in her busy city centre salon, Anne ensures her teaching is grounded in practical salon experience to help you motivate your team, retain more clients and increase sales! She will travel to your salon, academy or college and will tailor her teaching to meet your exact requirements.
Choose from these topics or design your own bespoke workshop with Anne...
- Vintage Me Classic: Vintage styles are always in demand. Learn to produce finger waves, and revisit traditional setting techniques to achieve retro styles - all with the help of modern tools and products to produce the perfect 2019 Gatsby girl.
- Focus on the bride: Introduction to bridal hairstyling. Learn how to create fashionable but classic long hairstyles perfect for brides. Create beautiful shapes using chignon and French pleat techniques, freeing themselves from over dependence on hair pins and hairspray! You will also learn how to secure a tiara and veil.
- Advanced bridal hairstyling: Learn to incorporate clip on extensions and padding to achieve gravity defying volume, giving long voluptuous styles to delight your bride. Create amazing shapes to produce fantastic images for your portfolio.
- Intricate braiding: Take your braiding skills to a whole new level. Learn on trend braiding techniques that will open up new styling options. Acquire the dexterity to create intricate plaits for stunning avant-garde styling or to incorporate them into your bridal work.
- How to organise a photo shoot that won't cost the earth!: Contrary to what you might think, it is feasible to organise an award winning photo shoot for £3,000 or less. Discover how to organise your models, stylist, make-up artist and photographer on a reasonable budget to produce a collection for publication, award entries and in-salon marketing.
- The ultimate consultation: This course explores the importance of an effective consultation, using knowledge of body language as well as the power of words. Learn to recognise different face shapes, features and colour placement to create the best hairstyles for your clients and improve client retention.
- Classic cutting: Develop your cutting skills on the classic haircuts, including one length, graduated bob and layers, which every cut is based on. Working with mannequin heads you will learn skills and ideas to increase your confidence and delight your clients. It will also prepare students for more advanced cutting techniques.
- Progressive cutting: Explore the techniques of texturising, razoring, point cutting and finishing techniques to achieve the perfect look. Participants will learn to personalise the cut to suit each individual client’s face shape and hair type. Working with mannequin heads, participants will practise two different looks using various techniques and tools. The results will incorporate challenging and interesting angles to give commercial but edgy looks.
- Colour with confidence: Gain confidence in darkening, lightening or changing the tone of previously coloured hair. Participants will learn the basic principles of colour numbering systems, lose any fear of colour correction and equip themselves to deal with difficult colour situations.
For further information and bookings, call Keith Mellen on 01865 744612 or email [email protected]