Anne Veck of Anne Veck Salons hosted her annual awards ceremony on Monday 16th January to award team members for their outstanding contribution and dedication to the business over the last year. The event was held at Oxford’s prestigious Clems Cocktail Bar and was sponsored by Matrix, Balmain Hair Extensions and Aston & Fincher.
The evening began with Anne announcing the winners for their great interpersonal skills and hard work ethic:
- Anne Veck Salons Hairdresser of the Year 2011/12 was won for the 3rd year running by Bicester branch manager Cleo Carter who receives £300 worth of equipment from Aston & Fincher and training from Matrix
- Most Loved Hairdresser was won by Tia Jacobs for her excellent customer liaison skills, retail sales and general good client feedback
- Colour Technician of the Year was won by Cleo Carter for her high number of colour clients and for her recent Matrix Colour Master Degree
- Men's Hairdresser of the Year was bagged by Tia Jacobs
- Unsung Hero awards all the essential people who don't do hair such as assistants and receptionists and this was won by Lisa Moran, Reception Manager of the Oxford branch for revolutionising Anne Veck’s operating systems
- The Anne Veck Special Award went to the person making the biggest contribution to the business over and above their job description, and this was awarded to Aneta Kucinska, for her exhaustive contribution to Anne’s artistic team activities, photo shoots and shows
In the latter part of the evening, it was time for the stylists to showcase their artistic talents with a hair show for the Creative Talent Award. Judging this category was Pete Statham of Balmain Hair Extensions, Jenna Plater of Aston & Fincher and special guests Tami Cook and Chris Wallbank from the Benson Hefti Partnership salons in Yorkshire.
Participants for the Creative Talent Award were placed in pairs and had to create a commercial look for the salon but with an element of edgy, high fashion using live models. The participants demonstrated a high level of excellence and understanding of how to translate a catwalk look to the high street, but there could only be one winning pair. After much deliberation, the judges awarded Becky Stewart and Hannah Brown for the way in which they assimilated the make-up, the clothes styling and the hair to produce a strong, coherent look that successfully encapsulated their powerful mood board. Becky and Hannah’s prize included advanced training from Balmain.
Anne Veck said,
I fully encourage hosting team awards as it recognises dedication and talent and shows your team that their efforts don’t go unnoticed. It’s a great way to say thank you and incites motivation and a determination to work even harder on merit. I’m extremely proud of all my staff and I’m delighted to have great brands such as Balmain, Aston & Fincher and Matrix on board to help.