Barber Danny Robinson has taken the industry by storm in the relatively short time he’s been in business. From founding his first salon, Danny & Co in 2013, he has gone on to win numerous awards for both business and barbering, and is a regular on stage at events across the country.
He’s an online sensation too, with 85,000 followers on Instagram and a celebrity clientele – including Formula 1, where the team provide an exclusive male grooming outlet for high-profile events on the race track. With a diverse skillset and inspiring determination, Danny was the perfect choice of mentor for the most recent Project: Men training day. Hosted at the Fudge Academy in London, the day saw Danny demonstrating various men’s hairdressing and barbering techniques, as well as advice on shooting your work on your phone to produce dynamic video content and grow your digital presence. Team member Darren Smith from Review Hairdressing says:
We gained some amazing insight with Danny on Monday, and I left feeling inspired for the journey ahead. We learned some fantastic new skills to add to the arsenal, covering a lot of fading techniques and helpful touch up techniques. I can’t wait for April’s session!
Project: Men 2020
- Team leader: Jonathan Andrew
- Sophie McCulloch, Yaxley Hair & Beauty
- Tristrum Curling, Sir & Co Barbers
- Darren Smith, Review Hairdressing
- Alex Cohen, Q Hair & Beauty Ltd
- Paulina Stochmialek, Arkade
- Tyler Williams, Lara Johnston Lifestyle
- George Smith, Smith England
- Kenneth McLeod, Rainbow Room International
- Natalie Belli, Grafton & Koch
- Joel Stewart, Arkade
- James Kendell, Arkade