Curl Styling Secrets
Curls and waves are more in demand than ever, and in this class you’ll learn how to use our ghd curve range to give your clients all of those textured looks they love.
Designed by our UK brand ambassador, Zoë Irwin, this seminar will guide you through every step of styling with tongs and wands, covering all of the tips, tricks and techniques you need for blissful beachy waves, big bouncy curls and everything in between.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding the ghd curve® range and choosing the right tool for the job.
- Wrapping and sectioning techniques to achieve the latest trends.
- Time-saving methods to improve your service offering and boost your return on investment.
Location: ghd Leeds Academy with Anton Alexander, 10th April 2017
Session to Stylist
She’s a regular backstage at New York, London, Milan and Paris, and now Yesmin O’Brien is here to share her invaluable insider secrets with you.
Bringing you the latest looks direct from fashion week; this backstage edit takes those new trends and shows you how to make them salon-friendly to keep clients coming back for more. The workshop also covers all-important backstage etiquette and what it takes to impress the biggest names in session styling.
In this in-depth trend session masterclass you’ll find out how to create:
- The perfect ponytail. An editorial favourite and far trickier to nail that you might think; you’ll cover a collection of high, medium, low and folded styles, then learn how to turn them into commercial looks that can be used in the salon.
- A knotted and braided hair-up look. Braids are a client favourite and this fast and effective technique will help you recreate catwalk-inspired looks in a flash.
- Faux bobs. For clients that can’t commit, this trend-led technique offers a fun and chic alternative to going for the chop.
- Hair pieces. Used regularly backstage to create elegant shapes and exaggerated up-dos, hair extensions and padding can be made commercial for occasion looks inspired by catwalk styles.
Location: Glasgow, 3rd April 2017
Red Carpet Styling Session
Every client wants their red carpet moment and the skills to create those glamorous looks are always highly sought after. Whether it’s proms, parties or weddings, knowing how to create show-stopping hair will mean you’re always in demand and add a profitable income stream.
In this seminar you’ll learn how to recreate red carpet styles – including the perfect base to keep hair in place, no matter what the event.
This workshop will cover:
- The latest red carpet styles and the skills you need to recreate them back at the salon.
- Demystifying hair-up styling and gaining confidence with easy-to-follow step-by-steps that cover prep, choosing the right ghd product and finishing.
Location: ghd London Studio, 10th April 2017
Bridal Styling Session
If you’re bored of the same old wedding styles, this is the session for you. This sell-out seminar will allow your salon to capitalise on the ever-lucrative bridal business, with gorgeous styles that will make any bride fall in love with your styling skills – from your existing clients who want to work with someone they know and trust on their big day, to new clients looking for an expert.
Covering both contemporary and classic bridal styling, this workshop will teach:
- Techniques to give you the confidence you need to create and design your own beautiful bridal hair.
- The fundamentals of bridal styling, including using hair pieces.
- The prep and dressing techniques you need to create basic styles and the skills that personalise those looks so they suit both your bride and her wedding gown.
Locations: Glasgow, 4th April 2017 / Aberdeen, 10th April 2017 / ghd Leeds Academy, 18th April 2017 / ghd London Studio, 24th April 2017 / Birmingham, 25th April 2017
To book your place on one of ghd’s exclusive seminars, call 0845 3301133 (UK) or +44 (0)1924 423400 (ROI)