To celebrate 16 years of supporting breast cancer charities globally, ghd have partnered with eleven incredible women who were diagnosed with breast cancer before the age of 35 to share this message.
ghd will be launching the limited-edition Take Control Now collection to remind women around the world to donate some mirror time to their boobs and self-check EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH. £10 from the sale of every ghd pink goes to Breast Cancer Now.
- Only 1 in 2 women regularly check their boobs for signs of breast cancer (Source: Breast Cancer Now UK, 2018)
- 83% of women in the UK use a hair styler at least once a month (Source: Brand tracking study – Toluna, 2019)
- 90% of 18-35-year-old women check only a few times a year or less (Source: Unlimited Survey)
- 120,000 women under the age of 35 are diagnosed with breast cancer each year (Source: Global Cancer Observatory, 2018)
To date, ghd’s limited edition collections have helped raise over $19 million globally. This year, ghd will continue this support with the latest Take Control Now collection.
The collection includes the award-winning ghd platinum+ styler, ghd gold stylers and NEW helios hairdryer, available in delicate shades of dusty pink, and embossed with the central campaign message, Take Control Now, to ensure women of all ages are reminded to self-check more regularly.
- ghd Platinum+ Pink (£189) - ghd’s ultimate smart styler that predicts your hair’s needs with 70% stronger hair.
- ghd Gold Pink (£149) - The smooth, contoured floating plates glide through hair for quick, frizz-free styling.
- ghd Helios Pink (£159) - Proven to give your hair 30% more shine and the 2200-watt brushless motion cuts drying time.
The Take Control Now collection is available to buy from the finest salons, premium retailers and www.ghdhair.com