Last night, Monday 25th January, saw HJ announce their British Hairdressing Business Awards 2020 winners. Bringing the UK professional hairdressing industry together to celebrate virtually.
The BHBA 2020 finalists and the biggest names in the hairdressing industry gathered during an online ceremony to celebrate the talented winners. After the challenges of last year and continuing into 2021, it is even more poignant to recognise the standout successes of the BHBA finalists and winners.
Hairdressers Journal International Executive Director, Jayne Lewis-Orr was joined in the studio by co-host and comedian Joel Dommett, who entertained everyone with his quick wit on the night.
If ever there was a year to recognise and celebrate the individuals and teams that have continued to demonstrate incredible talent, creative ingenuity and great business acumen, it is this year. Giving the industry a reason to come together and celebrate is hugely important and allows us all to continue to champion the industry, and those working in it. A huge thank you to all our sponsors for their ongoing support and congratulations to all of the finalists and winners. - Jayne Lewis-Orr
And the HJ British Hairdressing Business Awards 2020 winners are…
- Customer Service Award Sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional: G&E McIntyres, Northampton
- Franchisee of The Year Sponsored by Kao Salon Division: Nicola Hughes, Saks, Chester
- Independent Salon – Business Newcomer Sponsored by Revlon Professional: HARE & BONE, Esher
- Assistant/Junior of The Year Sponsored by L’Oréal Professionnel Paris: John Alfred, Paul Edmonds, London
- Salon Team of The Year Sponsored by Alan Howard: fowler35, London
- Educator of The Year Sponsored by Wella Professionals: Sanrizz, London
- Salon Stylist of The Year Sponsored by JOICO: Joshua Goldsworthy, Goldsworthys, Swindon
- Social Stylist of the Year Sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional: Jack Howard, Jack Howard, London
- Marketing Campaign of the Year Sponsored by Phorest Salon Software: Adam Reed London, London
- Salon Design Award Sponsored by Takara Belmont: Linnaean, London
- Manager of The Year Sponsored by Kao Salon Division: Sean Butt, Alchemy & I, Berkhamsted
- Salon of The Year 1 Sponsored by Wella Professionals: Ego Hair Design, Inverness
- Salon of The Year 2 Sponsored by L’Oréal Professionnel Paris: Bloggs, Bristol
- Innovation of the Year Sponsored by VTCT: Jessica Crane Ltd
- Male Grooming Salon/Barbershop of The Year Sponsored by Modern Barber: Gatsby & Miller, Amersham
- Business Director of The Year Sponsored by Hairdressers Journal International: Colin McAndrew, Medusa, Edinburgh